Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 111 of 127

Re: HomeHub 5

Go to solution

Also get a dongle when you order, its worth the £19.99, you will suffer with wireless signal else without it and it makes such a massive difference you will be so pleased with the extra cost, well worth it!. Promise. 🙂 Just make sure you get an extension pod for it for the USB also make sure you are on Windows Vista/7/8 PC.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 112 of 127

Go to solution
Mine came on Mon with strict instructions not to open it until The Engineer arrived. He came this morning and after drilling a few holes My Home Hub 5 was up and running. Not had a proper go on it yet though the wife reports that BBCi Player is a lot better and without any buffering. Our previous Hub was 3.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 113 of 127

Go to solution
Got mine yesterday after upgrade to infinity. works fine!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 127

Go to solution

For me the Hub 5 is syncing about 10% higher than the old openreach modem. Very happy with it so far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 115 of 127

Go to solution

I am disapointed in that i could get one in exchange for a new 12 month contract but because i am on infinity 2, have YouView, have TV Extra, have BT Vision and have anytime calls the only way she could do it was either knock off my anytime calls to weekend only or keep anytime calls and pay an extra £2 a month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 116 of 127

Go to solution
I give up, i have been told i need to agree to an 18 month contract for one now, given everyone else's prices are tumbling i aint doing that, ill stick with what i have got.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 117 of 127

Go to solution

I was wondering how I could get one, as I currently have a Home Hub 3?

Also, how do wireless speeds compare to wired?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 118 of 127

Go to solution

Don't bother they obviously haven't tested wirelss correctly on the HH5,just got 1 myself 2 days ago and for 2 days i've been messing about with just about every wireless setting going and it's **bleep**,5ghz speeds are not consistent 1 min full speed next min half the speed,also downloads in bursts start/stop in 5ghz mode,so useless imo,and to top it off i thought i'll just disable 5ghz altogether and stick with 2.4 for now except now my brand new nexus 7 tablet does not go over 10 mbp/s with the hh5,reconnected my old hh3b and bang all wireless speeds back as they were,if you don't want a headache don't bother with the new hh4/5's absolute garbage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 119 of 127

Go to solution

My 5ghz is fine. Maybe you have some interference on that range in your area. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 120 of 127

Go to solution
it's in the same place where the last 3 routers have been,i honestly think either the software is goosed or it's just cheap chipset components bt have used,i'm going to try a friends good 5ghz router when i get round to it ans see how that plays out.
0 Ratings