cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tizzle
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

HomeHub Wireless constantly dropping

Ever since the turn of the year, into 2016, the wireless connection on all the devices in the household drop. This means rebooting the HomeHub 3 every time to resolve the issue, which is not conventient when it happens every 15-45 minutes.

The ethernet connections do not drop connection.

I have called the useless Indian call centre only to be told there is nothing wrong with the HH and that there is an issue at the exchange, which is of course a ludicrious answer as anyone who works in the network industry knows an exchange issue won't affect just the localised wifi of a router.

Current have a HH3 - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A)

Every time I call these useless script readers I just get the same excuse again and again and that it has been fixed but I've had enough of it now and will either be purcashing a new vDSL modem-router combo to prove it is their firmware / hardware. 

Has anyone else had the same issues and if so have you managed to find a resolution, bar purcashing new hardware?

I can't wait till Virgin Media comes to my town as I'll be jumping ship straight back to their fibre

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: HomeHub Wireless constantly dropping

this is a know problem and usually solved by replacement hub  use search facility for 'hh3 wireless' and you will see many posts on the subject

when phoning CS refer to forum and number of posts so well know problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tizzle
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the quick response.

Will BT swap the HH3 for a newer model HH5 or identical HH3?
Would it be free of charge for either?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

If it is faulty they usually replace like for like free of charge provided you are still in contract.

0 Ratings
Tizzle
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Picking this back up several months later and they are refusing to admit there is an issue with my HH3 and that they can't find any issue with the wireless and it is my misconfiguration, when there is nothing to configure bar a channel number, SSID and WPA2 key.

The extremely unhelpful woman then said it may be an exchange issue, which is their go to excuse, but is impossible for the exchange to affect the wireless of an individual hub rather than the whole service.

I've decicded to leave BT as their service is p*ss poor and they refuse to help whatsoever, even refusing to send an engineer because their silly non technical tests do not show a fault when it is clearly something on the firmware.

I'm not going to pay them for a replacement homehub when I'm not getting the service I'm already paying over the odds for.

Now I know that BT stands for Big Thief more than anything

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

poor wireless will not get an engineer visit regardless of which ISP you are with as that is up to you to fix.  If it is the hub, and it may well be with HH3, then BT normally just replace it provided you are still in fixed term contract otherwise it is up to you to replace router.  there are numerous posts about hh3 wireless problems just use search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tizzle
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I've mentioned this to the woman on the phone and said I'm happpy to send you the links to every community post that has the exact same HH3 model of mine with the exact same issue....she refused as her "technical checks" said it was 100% perfect working condition.

I'm done with BT after this as it has been ongoing or 6 months now.
Going to sack them off.

How poor is the technical knowledge claiming an exchange issue can affect the wireless of an individual hub? It's not even related ffs.

Off to Sky Broadband I go at much lower costs and a working hub.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You could always buy a third party router for about £25 and save your self all the hassle that goes with ISPs routers.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

if you are still in contract you will have cancellation charges to pay if moving to sky

0 Ratings