cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damogti
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HomeHub2 and BT Sport Channels via Broadband not working???

I have a Homehub2 Type A and basic BT Vison currently with no subscription as i am a BT employee. The Vision box is ethernet cabled to the hub. When i ordered vision 3 or 4 months ago now i was told that i would be able to watch all BT Sport channels with my set up without the need of a new hub or Infinity (cant get it in my area currently). Upon checking my BT Sport Channels and ESPN earlier today i was faced with the following message:

'Problems with your broadband have intyerupted your viewing, press help to troubleshoot.'

When pressing help i then get a further message:

'We have detected that you do not have a BT Home Hub 3 or above connected. This can cause your TV picture to break up or not display at all.

Connect your BT Home Hub using the instructions in the the user guide or at www.bt.com/help/install.

To check which version you have, look at the sticker on either the bottom or the back of your BT Home Hub.'

Can anyone confirm if the HomeHub 2a is able to receive the channels ok? If so, why am i seeiung this message? And if not, how can i receive all of the new channels? I did get a viewing card through the post too a couple of weeks ago although it doesnt seem to do anything?!

Many Thanks.

Damien.

5 REPLIES 5
HoBo
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: HomeHub2 and BT Sport Channels via Broadband not working???

Having exact same issue. Employee broadband too. I asked first thing this morning.....

TITLE: Bt sports over copper broadband for bt vision.

Check that later if you haven't had an answer.
0 Ratings
damogti
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yep, sounds like we have exactly the same issue..... fingers crossed we dont have to spend out on a new hub!! 🙂

0 Ratings
damogti
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Ok so now the channels have launched i've just checked:

Ch 57 - 'No Signal on Freeview'

Ch 507 - Same error as posted previously

Ch 508 - Same error as posted previously

Ch 509 - Same error as posted previously

On the plus side streaming on my laptop works fine 🙂

0 Ratings
joeuk2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
damogti
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

No response from anyone offiicial unfortunately. HoBo has given me some great information though!

I'm going to ring BT tomorrow as it looks like my issue is that i have been set up for multicast when my exchange does not support multicast!! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings