cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 24

Re: HomeHub5 10.x.x.x IP addresses are invalid?

Hi Guys,

I received an answer from the Hub team.  They have stated that 

It’s because of BT WiFi. It uses those ranges so they are blocked for consumer use.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
nkjG4NvlQ3LI
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

ah ok, sorta makes sense, as the previous poster said it's linked somehow with the Bt-Wifi service, it's a shame they can't tag it or tunnel it instead. Many thanks for that, at least now I know 😕

So, I wonder if i can use the HH5 as a modem-only and use my own PPPoE router behind it, much like the pre-HH5 homehubs were I think?

I'd have preferred a two-box solution (well, three-box really, wifi seperate again) but I do accept I'm not a "average" householder of course.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

One of the first persons to post about having HH5 and one of the things you want is a seperate modem. I can see why but I think it's funny given that most users are wanting to have a one box solution!

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 24

@nkjG4NvlQ3LI wrote:
ah ok, sorta makes sense, as the previous poster said it's linked somehow with the Bt-Wifi service, it's a shame they can't tag it or tunnel it instead. Many thanks for that, at least now I know 😕

So, I wonder if i can use the HH5 as a modem-only and use my own PPPoE router behind it, much like the pre-HH5 homehubs were I think?

I'd have preferred a two-box solution (well, three-box really, wifi seperate again) but I do accept I'm not a "average" householder of course.

Sean has got back to me on this (I told you I'd persue it!). I can't give you details ATM but expect it to be looked into.

You can have your 2 box solution, just go to a well known auction site and get a modem.

I'll update you when I get more info but it may be a long haul.

EDIT Looking back on this as BT WiFi uses the 10xx range I think the only resolution you can get is the 2 box option.

0 Ratings
nkjG4NvlQ3LI
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

yep I have a VDSL modem on the way over from a mate of mine as I speak, I'll just plug the HH5 into one of my test pf routers for now, it's not as if I'm short of test router ports here ;).

Thanks for all your help you guys, I thought it would take a few weeks before anyone even read my post - so a very nice surprise on day 1 🙂

I have email subscribe on and I'll regularly re-plug it in to give it a go on any upgraded firmwares, I assume it'll pull them by TR-069 or something automatically on boot or every few days (that assumes they are general release versions)
If not I can load them by hand to test here as a corner-case - just ask.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 24

We do try our best you know.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
cinek
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

so when's the hh5 going to be released for the rest of us?

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 18 of 24

New people or people who talk to customer services for recontracts are getting them at the moment. I saw someone post the beginning of November if you want to purchase an upgrade rather then recontracting.

cinek
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

thanks, I want to get it as an upgrade, don't want to recontract

0 Ratings
djj
Beginner
Message 20 of 24

Hi All,

I've a BT Infinity installation scheduled tomorrow (today now), and I've been trying to setup my HH5 router/modem before the engineer comes, and I've encountered this same issue as the OP.

I have a home network with many devices, wired CAT6, patch panels and switches, and everything is on a 10.* subnet. I do NOT want to renumber every device on my network.

Has this oversight been fixed yet?

I saw some post about disabling BT WiFi, I'm assuming BT WiFi is the roaming WiFi service from BT? How do I do this? I can't seen any option in the HH5 (other than disabling WiFi in the device itself, which I would also want to do).

This is my first BT HH, and I have to say I'm unimpressed, it's pretty awful, silly bugs, lack of configurability, is there any way to continue using my existing router with Infinity?

I have an unopened HH3 from when I switched ADSL to BT, will this work with the Infinity and the 10.* network range?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings