cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgriggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Homehub 2, keeps changing ip address several times a day

My homehub 2 keeps changing its ip address several times aday whitch gives me a bad ip profile and a poor Internet speed.any one got any ideas on how to sort this problem out?
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Homehub 2, keeps changing ip address several times a day

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, could you please read the web page that is shown below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.

When you have done that, please follow the instructions at the end, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

Speed and disconnections

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

your conenction is dropping which is giving new IP everytime and causing low speed, high noise margin and poor profile

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket    Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
mgriggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

0 Ratings
mgriggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Thanks guys,will post stats and test result when I get home.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

ok there will always be some one around to help
0 Ratings
mgriggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I Have fitted the new type VDSL NTE2000 socket,a CAT6 ADSL Broadband RJ11 to RJ11 lead from the VDSL to the Homehub,the line noise test has no noise and my speed  test stats are:

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.46 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.46 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 1.56 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.88 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.88Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Homehub Stats:

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:03:43
Downstream1,777 Kbps
Upstream1,120 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.4 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)51.5 dB / 30.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)22
Loss of Signal (Local)4
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)25202 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 16
Error Seconds (Local)503

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

from what you have said there is not much left to try but I appreciate you have fitted the newer vdsl filtered faceplate but have you tried juts using the test socket with a filter to see it that makes any difference.  there have been a few problems with faceplates ( not the vdsl kind) recently and just covering everything

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 13

@mgriggs

Do you have a Homehub 2 Type A or Type B? (you can check by viewing any status page on the hub and looking at the very bottom line).

I received a new HH2b and switched to it. Some things were better but some things were MUCH worse. I got far, far more disconnects. I also found that simply VIEWING some router stats pages could cause a disconnect.

With the HH2b I was getting a disconnect about 1 time per day (plus almost garaunteed to disconnect when viewing the connection stats - incredible as it may seem, this has been acknowledged as a fault by BT).

Switched back to HH2 Type A and my current uptime is 32 days.

0 Ratings