cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Homehub 2, keeps changing ip address several times a day

looking at your hub stats i would be expecting a connection speed of 4.7mb not 1.7mb
0 Ratings
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 13

@john fortysix

Mean no disrespect but are you a real person or a BT auto-responder? I've seen zillions of posts from you but I genuinely think a smart chatbot could have generated them all. This thread is a classic case.

Useful diagnostics from some contributors but stock responses from you. And to say "looking at yr stats I would expect...", when the whole point of the thread is unexpected disconnects (which will drop speed) seems to be completely missing the point.

There's probably no harm in BT having an auto responder... in fact it's quite a clever idea as it could easilly solve a large slice of FAQs.

So that's all fine. Just put your hands up!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

hi yes i am a human and not an auto responder in the case of this poster there connection speed is far lower than it should be as the posters noise margin is correct and in this case the connection speed is not affected by the disconnections if the disconnections had caused an increase in noise margin then yes the connection speed would have been lower the lower speed in this case could be caused by a wiring problem
0 Ratings