cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-Retired
Message 11 of 28

Re: Homehub 3 USB Socket/Media Server

Hi Meathane,

The BT Home Hubs only support usb networking from drives that are fat32 formatted, mac filesystems or ntfs wont work.

Ta

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
poshmoggy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 28

My HomeHub 3 is working beautifully with NTFS!

PS3 can't see the drive... but I now have all my music sat on a remote drive that can be accessed from other PCs in the house. Really chuffed with this 'NAS' capability for free.

pm

0 Ratings
T-I-M-B-O
Message 13 of 28

I did read the help files within the type 3 router, and it clearly states that it does support drives or mass storage devices in either FAT32 or NTFS. one would assume that the type 3 hub would now support formats required for Vista or Win 7.

Will there be any firmware updates to correct this oversight?

Thank you...

0 Ratings
suffolkchat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Hi all

I can confirm im live on infinity 31st march 2011 and i plugged in ntfs external  tonight with no luck then swapped a lead  10 minutes later  and walla its working ntfs does work i played few movies  and music  so i can say  it all works for me jumping up n down :smileyhappy:

heres my  speed test

dont all fall off your chairs at once

btw from master socket i have standard cable 2pair only 1 pair used (for old adsl 2+) to openreach modem and hh3 as it was already there  so installer didnt use cat5/6 from master to my modem/router should that have been the case  im not sure

street cabinet is about 800yrds  from  house am i lucky  dunno

i want to  monitor my speeds, error count though

be glad once that is accessable

speed.JPG

Regards

john

0 Ratings
KesHughes
Message 15 of 28

The HH3 help does say NTFS supported. But is NTFS support a bit flaky for the HH3?

Have a WD 2TB USB disk, external AC power, NTFS formatted. But HH3 doesn't seem to want to play. Just says "File type not supported" on the status page. My Toshiba 500GB FAT32 drive is read fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kes

0 Ratings
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

im not sure as I dont have a HH3. I did use to have a Netgear dgn3300 which had this feature where you could use a usb drive as a media server on the PS3 over the network.

I think what you have to look for is if the USB HH3 is DLNA compliant. Otherwise you can only view the drive on a PC/Mac. Im not sure HH3 has this DLNA feature. I may be wrong...

0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

@KesHughes wrote:

The HH3 help does say NTFS supported. But is NTFS support a bit flaky for the HH3?

Have a WD 2TB USB disk, external AC power, NTFS formatted. But HH3 doesn't seem to want to play. Just says "File type not supported" on the status page. My Toshiba 500GB FAT32 drive is read fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kes

I am having the same issue I have the WD 1TB USB as NTFS and get "file type not supported" plug in a Verbatim 320Gb which is an unpowered laptop trave drive and it woulds fine this is also NTFS formated doesn't make sence to me.

0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Just an update to help others I cleared the data that I wanted to keep off the drive and re-formatted as a 1TB Fat 32 drive and plug this in and it was seen and is working well. So looks like Fat32 is the safe bet but I know that it will support small drive as NTFS.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 28

I've just upgraded to HH3 and one of my reasons was to use a hard disk through the USB port. I have exactly the same problem that my NTFS formatted Western Digital My Book 1Tb is not recognised, but a smaller FAT32 portable drive is working fine.

I need NTFS as I want to store some files over the 4Gb limit - is there any progress on this topic?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Scythefactor
Beginner
Message 20 of 28

This is puzzling me, I've read up on google and everything, and just cant solve this s.o.a.b. My media servers working perfectly on my Vista laptop and my Macbook pro, got everything on my 1.5TB Iomega HDD and can access it anywhere around the house....apart from on my TV. I've tried the PS3 and XB360 to no avail. Is there not anything I can buy to connect (wirelessly) my media server on the HH3 to my USB port on the back of my TV? A Wireless USB Access point or something? or am I missing something with the consoles?

0 Ratings