cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spluff
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Homehub 5 - Lots of Remote Administration Attacks?

In my eventlog i can see loads of attempts at remote administration on my hub which I think is getting blocked....

Today so far I have recieved 90 remote administration attempts.....  This is happening everyday...

Can BT do anything to resolve this? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Homehub 5 - Lots of Remote Administration Attacks?

Is this impacting your service at all?

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 3 of 6

how should i know if someone who is attempting to login to my router is impacting my service?

It shouldnt be happening

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 6

@spluff wrote:

how should i know if someone who is attempting to login to my router is impacting my service?

It shouldnt be happening

Try telling the hackers that.

If they are being blocked then the router firewall is doing it's job and they should show as blocked in the router log file.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Its nothing to worry about its just background scans. Remote administration isnt open apart from I'm guessing some limited BT IP address ranges. If its really bothering you, you could disconnect your line or turn off your router and then reconnect after about a minute. You should then get a different IP address, however you might not see any less number of connection attempts.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 6 of 6

cheers jonkara - so BT cannot filter out these remote admin attacks?  Fair enough if they cant just wondering 🙂

0 Ratings