cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glenuig
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Homehub 5 work with Copper to the cabinet BT Infinity Fibre?

So after many long arguments and technical troubleshooting with bt support, they offered to send me a free of charge Homehub 5  to upgrade my Homehub 4 in a hope to improve my pings ( for online gaming). I was set to quit bt there and then and this was a last resort.

Anyway 5 days later and low and behold I open the box after delivery and there sits a new Homhub 4, not a homehub 5.

I phone up to complain and I am met with questions like " Who authorised saying you would recieve a homehub 5 free", "Why did you get an upgrade for free , what was the fault" etc etc.

The woman goes off and checks the logs and comes back and says we can see you were offered the homehub 5 but unfortunately it will not work with Copper to the cabinet BT Infinity packages, only Fibe to the cabinet FTTC packages.

Is there any truth in this or was she just fobbing me off?

The bt websites and tech pages seem to say it is offered to ALL new BT Inifnity Fibre packages, no mention of if you have copper or fibre to the cabinet? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Homehub 5 work with Copper to the cabinet BT Infinity Fibre?

She's just fobbing you off. Ring up and request them to honour their offer.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Glenuig
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yeah cheers I thought as much.

This really is the icing on the cake after all the troubles I have had but fully expected from BT customer support. Im going to ring up again with same problem  and see if they tell me the same thing. If they do ask for the agents name and number and a call reference with her telling me that 😉

0 Ratings
tulloch
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

The Homebub 5 works with ADSL as I had mine up and running before the engineer came to change over to Infinity.

0 Ratings
Glenuig
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I have BT Infinity Fibre optic package to the cabinet, then normal copper phone line to my house (< 30m)

The support agent told me the Home hub did not work in any way with copper to the premises connections, on ADSL or BT Infinity.

0 Ratings
richmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

that really is total BULL I have fiber to box and copper to premisis, when the eng installed infinity 40 he said the line was capable of over100 and he showed me on his gismo.

0 Ratings