cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 16

Re: Homehub Disconnections (a popular theme I think)

Same here, but I've had no problems with my Home Hub for six months until Saturday. Now the internet connection will only work sporadically. I've tried it on Xbox live, XP and Vista. I've even called BT and got an unhelpful Indian gentleman who had no idea what to do. 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Not sure if this is a related problem since im not running a Home Hub, but my connection has been dropping roughly once per day for the past week, my router re-syncs automatically after a few minutes, however sometimes i have to restart my router before i am able to use the internet. Only drops for a minute, then is back. Almost always once per day. Had this problem before in my area although it was far worse. Took BT a month to realise it was a problem with the exchange before they fixed it. Im thinking its a similar problem, but good luck reporting it to BT... Phoning them up is pointless even to report a problem, i just give up and wait for them to figure it out....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 16

The same with me. Have used the hub for almost a year with no problems, then since Saturday morning broadband light has been turning a solid orange for about 20 seconds 2 or 3 times a day.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Single disconnects for more than a few seconds can be BTW doing work on the line. There's a heck of a lot of work being done on fibre cables. And for example when they put in a new junction box under my pavement they had to cut and splice a 100 pair cable so 50 customers will have lost broadband for an hour without warning - it happens.

Frequent disconnection between hub and exchange can be so many things. Simple test you can try - if the BB is off for a few minutes do you still have a landline phone line? If not then the cable is disconnected, but if the landline still works then it's probably an exchange glitch.

Poor broadband with no phone is often a loose or cracked cable.

Problem - BTW will only respond to intermittent problems at the exchange end when they have had 3 complaints on the same DSLAM (or so I was told by a BTW engineer)

Complain twice, then escalate to the BT chairman's email address. You can guess it quite easily. Warning - I did that over a SNR/Speed crash every teatime, got a lot of attention from the I-team, but still no exchange fix.

Suggestioin - in these days of YouTube, why not film the Home Hub, entirely disconnected from any PC just connected to the line, and if the orange light comes on frequently, you have proof of the problem, proof it's entirely BT's problem as there is no PC attached,  that you can post on YouTube if they don't fix it.

..... Jarviser's Home Hub Index
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

This has started happening to me for the past few weeks, was their ever a solution? getting rather annoyed with it now, some days its fine, other days it happens a lot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

the thread is almost 3 years old since last post - no way to tell if solution but not posting back is often a sign a solution was found just a pity they don't let everyone know the outcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings