I see from the forum that I'm just one of the many people who have had problems with BT's homemove service. But hopefully posting this will get me some attention that BT have otherwise failed to give.
As an existing BT customer (who had no problems with the service until now) we moved into our newbuild home on 31st July.
Arranging it was simple enough, I spoke to someone british who sorted it all out before hand and advised that we should be connected some time around the 8th August, but we'd be updated by then with a more specific date.
The 8th Aug came and a voicemail from India advised a further delay.
Then we received a bill for August, £29.46 for a service not received, will be expecting a refund for that. (or not expecting as it seems from other peoples track record of claiming refunds)
We finaly got our date booked, 9th September, over a month later. We we advised to wait in so the engineer could access the house. I booked the day off work, waited in all day. No engineer turned up.
I phone BT, got India, and 40 minutes later being put on hold several times they finally manage to contact Openreach (who would be easier for me to contact if I could get their contact details) and they advised me the engineer had been in an accident and wouldn't be turning up. IF that's true (as my experience since is that the call operators in India will give any old excuse) that unfortunately can't be helped, but I would expect as the service provider that BT would make it up somehow.
The tally so far is £29.46 plus a days annual leave.
Not able to expidite our service, we now wait for our next engineer appointment. 23rd September.
Meanwhile We're billed for September, another £29.46, still no service received. Then I get another crackly Indian voicemail message saying they're sorry for the dela but we'll be updated on 25th. So another appointment not kept.
After several attempts at contacting BT myself, both on the phone and through the online chat, not one attempt being met with anything but appologies and "sorry we can't do anything about that", constantly advising me that we'll be refunded once we're connected (if we're connected) I decide to pre-empt a change in circumstance and change my appointment through the website to the 8th October.
Almost imediately I receive an email telling me that there's nothing wrong with the lines, and we don't need an engineer to visit afterall (so that day of work was doubly pointless) and we'll be connected on 8th October like we wanted... "wanted".
I call up India again to arrange an earlier connection, because if there's nothing to be done why can't our connection be activated today? but it can't be done apparently, some other excuse is given.
So now we're waiting, for another date to come and go as usual, and to arrange a refund of AT LEAST £58.92, plus compensation for a horrendous service and a wasted day of leave.
I'm really sorry for the problems you are having with your home move order.
The best thing for you to do would be to contact our order specialist team and allow them the chance to put things right. I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to the order team whereby you can chat with them online. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.
Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.
I've replied to your PM Robbie but you haven't responded yet.
You sent me a link to live chat with a specialist team based in the UK.
I followed that link to a live chat window, and I was put through to Kuladeep H who said I should call the order management team on 0800 800 900, because they don't use the live chat service.
Is that right or am I still going in circles?
To update, I tried the same link again after Robbie replied to my PM.
I spoke to a someone who then transfered me to someone from the correct team.
Although they still couldn't help out.
It's all down the to whims of Openreach it would seem, and I have no choice but to wait until 8/10.
A refund is also out of the question until I've been connected. I understand why, but I disagree that should be an issue, at least for any normal company that hasn't grown too big for it's shoes.
While I have no choice but to wait, It's especially annoying as when I booked my slot on 8/10/15, (thinking I was pre-emptively joining the queue instead of waiting for an update before joining the queue) I was under the impression that I would need to be present for the engineer, despite there being earlier appointments available that was the only one I could make.
Now that it transpires I don't need to be present, and after several days of trying to speak to someone competent with some degree of authority, those earlier slots would appear to be unavailable.
After being delayed for two months I would expect to be given some priority, but it seems once you get to the BT checkout, if they're not ready for you, you have to go straight back to the end of the queue and start all over again.
I just hope it doesn't get delayed yet again.