cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Horrendous BT Infinity 2 speed for the last 2 days.

Go to solution

Hi there, This will probably get lost in all the other speed issue posts but I though i would post anyway.

For the last 2 days my infinity speeds have dropped drastically, offpeak and on peak the speed remains the same. I have never had any problems before, I was always very pleased with the service that i got from BT.

We had a small powercut 2 days ago which turned everything off then on again. We weren't struck by lightning and ive also tried another hub i had lying around and the speed is the same. Since then our speeds have been pretty lackluster. Just seems to be a coincidence.

The following results are from my pc connected via an ethernet cable to the hub and all other network devices unplugged (also wifi turned off)

My speedtest results are here 

Here are my DSLCHECKER results dslchecker.jpg

Here are my BTwholesale test resultsbtwholesale.jpg

Here are my Helpdesk details helpdesk.jpg 

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem . Cheers.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: Horrendous BT Infinity 2 speed for the last 2 days.

Go to solution

Anyone 😞

0 Ratings
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution
Can someone please look into my line or at least point my in the right direction.
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Given your Hub has a downstream sync rate of 78 Mbps and your IP profile is showing as 76.3 Mbps it would seem the problem to be beyond your broadband connection i.e., somewhere further into the BT network.

Have you tried the BT Wholesale speedtest at different times of the day, and in particular during off peak hours? If the problem appears more during evenings and weekends than during the weekday, then it's possibly congestion from your exchange.

You could also check your exchange on the BT Service Status checker or the Plusnet Exchange Checker and see if that highlights anything.

If it is congestion there's little you can do except wait for capacity to be increased.

Regards

0 Ratings
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

I thought that congetion might be the problem 😞 oh well ill just have to be patient then 🙂

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Seems to be a common theme running through a number of threads at the moment. Some of those posts have been picked up by the moderator who may then be able to confirm it's definitely congestion, and any plans to resolve.

Regards

0 Ratings
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

its such a shame because ive always had a great service from BT , ive even tried different isp's in my area and switched back to BT in the end because they always offered the best service, seems like that isnt the case anymore tbh.

Openreach really need to up the capacity at all the exchanges alot faster. But i suppose its catch 22, the faster speeds you offer then the more people sign up, hence the speed eventually suffers until the capacity is increased then it goes around full circle. 😕

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution
unfortunately this is even out of Openreach's hands it is a BT Wholesale issue and the capacity problem will be affecting multiple ISP's not just BT Retail your ISP
0 Ratings
coxy1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

This is slowly getting worse, ive had numerous drop outs and lag spikes for my connection, it is completely unusable in the evenings. My 4g signal on my mobile is waaaay faster than my fibre connection, what an earth am I paying for???

BT Performance Tester.jpgHub Stats, Ive also perfomed a quite line test and there is no noise.

helpdesk.jpg

What are my rights in view of these horrendous speeds, Ive been with BT over 2 years, am i free to cancel ??

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @coxy1979 and thanks for posting.

Have you tried the exchange checker posted by @smf22. Did it give you any information on issues at the exchange?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings