Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownie4420
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Horrendous Torrent speeds / internet connections faults when Torrenting

Go to solution

Hi All,

First post here, thought I would give it a try before calling BT support.

Got BT infiinity around a year ago. I always get very slow speeds while torrenting....currently a torrent with 30 seeds and plenty of peers which should be downloading at my usual 40MB down and 10MB up is downloading at 14 kb/s and uploading at 0.2 kb/s, this happens no matter what torrent site / PC / Torrent I download. My Torrenting software is setup correctly (I believe). Does it sound like I am being throttled or is something wrong?

Also when I am running more than a couple of torrents I have issues accessing and websites, althought I can still skype / play PC games online. This also happens for all other devices connected to the router.

Any suggestions or info?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Horrendous Torrent speeds / internet connections faults when Torrenting

Go to solution

@brownie4420 wrote:

Hi All,

First post here, thought I would give it a try before calling BT support.

Got BT infiinity around a year ago. I always get very slow speeds while torrenting....currently a torrent with 30 seeds and plenty of peers which should be downloading at my usual 40MB down and 10MB up is downloading at 14 kb/s and uploading at 0.2 kb/s, this happens no matter what torrent site / PC / Torrent I download. My Torrenting software is setup correctly (I believe). Does it sound like I am being throttled or is something wrong?

Also when I am running more than a couple of torrents I have issues accessing and websites, althought I can still skype / play PC games online. This also happens for all other devices connected to the router.

Any suggestions or info?

Thanks

Sounds like you have'nt got your torrent client software setup properly.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Sounds like you are being throttled, because bt throttle torrents/p2p. 

You may also be overloading your pc or the hub with connections stopping the rest of your browsing from working properly.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Sounds like you are being throttled, because bt throttle torrents/p2p. 

You may also be overloading your pc or the hub with connections stopping the rest of your browsing from working properly.

BT don't throttle torrents 24 hours a day, so if that is the speed you are getting during the day or at night past midnight then it shows that you have not setup your client properly, hense why there is too many connections.

0 Ratings