cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desaan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Horrendous upload speed for the last few days

The last few days have beyond woeful, sub 0.5mbs upload sometimes even lower.  Restarted all devices at least once each day, thought it would be resloved by now.  What's going on?

EDIT: I'm on Infinity 2, connected via wired, so that rules out any wireless blah blah.

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 55.31 Mbps

0 Mbps58.07 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 55.31 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-58.07 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 58.07 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.41 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.41Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
BenCooper
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Horrendous upload speed for the last few days

Me too ... I've had Infinity for over a year now, and originally I was getting over 30mb/s, but now its down to under 1 on both download and upload.  I've rebooted everything, disconnected the phone etc but no better.  Wondering why I am potentially signing up for BT Sport now, as the Vision Box keeps dropping out too!  Not only that but the phone line quality has deteriorated with a crackle that makes it almost un-useable.  Wondering what I am paying for now, and will be phoning BT in the morning.

0 Ratings
Desaan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I can see from just looking around the forum this is not exaclty an isolated issue either.  It's not like I'm expecting to find a solution on a forum but it's time well spent rather than phoning the near uselss BT support line who do nothing but tell you to reboot your modem/hub.

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 4 of 4

bencooper, if you have a noisy phoneline then this is what is causing your internet to fail, you need to get the phone problem sorted out and then your internet will return to normal after a couple of weeks

0 Ratings