cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cam1985
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

House Move - Fault External - OpenReach Connected 09/09/2016 - He Raised Fault and Personally Raised

Hi,

Hope someone on here can help?

We moved into our new home on the 08/09/2016. We organised for the phone and broadband etc. to be setup in advance of this. 

Unfortunately, without notice our initial appointment with the OpenReach engineer was cancelled without warning (A day wasted sitting round in an empty house, just what was needed Smiley Sad). When I contacted BT they said they had no sign of the appointment on their system and re-organised it for the 09/09/2016.

The engineer turned up after receiving the usual courtesy text message.  He went through the usual the connection routine, tracining the line and connecting it etc. etc. He then left saying the connection would be active from midnight or at the latest midnight the following day, as per usual.

As you can guess from the subject this didn't happen.  I left it till the Monday (12/09/2016) and then contacted the OpenReach engineer saying the connection still wasn't up and there was no Line Sync. 

I had checked this against some older HomeHub 5's and 3rd party routers. I subsequently double checked all the wiring internally and ran through the usual diagnostics of isolating the connection with just router running it through the inbuilt filter and then with an external filter (I'm an ICT Consultant, so I'm used to running these type of diagnostics).

He then said he would get back to me after he had looked into it.  I had thought he wasn't going to get back in touch as is often the case.  However to my suprise and with all credit to him he phoned me late that afternoon.  He went on to tell me that he had spent the majority of the day on the phone chasing this problem up.  He had been given the run around but had gotten to the bottom of it.

BT had a problem with a cabinet in the area and I wasn't the only customer who was being connected that was having difficulty. 4 Other people at that point were also in the same boat. BT were going to clear down the connections and reboot some of the equipment and this should hopefully rectify the problem.  I was informed by the OpenReach Engineer that again this could take upto 24 hours from midnight.

Once again this didn't happen.  I didn't want to harass the poor OpenReach Engineer as he had done his job and the problem was with BT not with OpenReach as he had told me.  So I subsequently raised a fault under My BT, after giving BT time to rectify the problem and no progress being made. The fault reference is VOL053-********* and this was raised on the 14/09/2016 at 23:08.

There have been no means of communication since raising the fault even though my landline, mobile and email details were provided. I still have no line sync or any other signs of life.  If anyone can help get this resolved I would appreciate it as I really could do with getting this sorted.

The contents of the fault raised are below:

In progress

Tue 20 Sep 17:00
Estimated repair date
We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown. We apologise if this is taking longer than expected.

Completed

Wed 14 Sep 23:08
Broadband Problem
Further diagnostic tests began at the time and date shown to find the problem with your broadband. Once we know more we will contact you using your contact details above and once we have fixed your problem you will see an update on this page. Thanks for your patience

Thanks in advance for your help. Smiley Happy
Cam
Callum Ashton
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: House Move - Fault External - OpenReach Connected 09/09/2016 - He Raised Fault and Personally Ra

Good Morning @cam1985

What type of Broadband did you organise?  Was it standard or Fibre?  As you have raised a fault it maybe worth trying to ring BT and get an update that makes more sense, if you have a working landline it's 0800 111 4567, you can ring that number from a mobile or you can use: 0330 123 4567.  Alternatively if you can somehow get online you could try the Live Chat option. 

Fingers crossed it gets sorted very very soon 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
cam1985
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: House Move - Fault External - OpenReach Connected 09/09/2016 - He Raised Fault and Personally Ra

Thanks for your response and suggestion Smiley Happy, I have orderded Infiinity 2 package which is a FTTC connection.

I've tried calling previously but to no avail, all I got told was I would have to wait till it was resolved. 

But I was going to try again this afternoon if I still haven't heard anything.

Thanks again, and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
cam1985
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi John,

Thanks for your response, I have run the suggested checker and the info isn't looking good Smiley Sad

It would appear there is a waiting list.  Although so far I think this fact has escaped everyone who has been involved in offering the service and connecting it.

Is there anyway of finding out how long the waiting list is?

Thanks,

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0151638XXXX on Exchange WALLASEY is served by Cabinet 51

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)7557.52018.5--Waiting list----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)5932.419.18.5--Waiting list----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--6 to 8Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7Up to 16 to 8Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--2.5 to 7.5Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

unfortunately only Openreach know that information and BT like the near 500 other providers use the checker results for placing orders and upgrades of cabinets can be from weeks if an additional line card is needed to months + if an additional cabinet is needed
0 Ratings
cam1985
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi again, just a quick update on the state of play.

I've heard nothing back from BT at the end of last week I contacted the original OpenReach engineer to see if he could help progress this. He said he would investigate it and get back to me. Thus far I've heard nothing.

In the mean time I had found out with john46 advice that there was no room on the line card/cabinet. This didn't fill me with much hope. So for the last week I'd all but given up.

This evening I walked past the router and noticed it had line sync. I had to double glance to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Subsequently I reran the dslchecker. The results have changed and now show:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0151638XXXX on Exchange WALLASEY is served by Cabinet 51

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 75 57.5 20 18.5 -- Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 59 32.4 19.1 8.5 -- Available -- --

Unfortunately I still am unable to establish a PPP connection. I have tried different routers etc, just incase. I have tried to raise a ticket with BT to get them to enable the account but due to my original ticket being open, it won't let me create a new one or update the old.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get BT to enable the PPP account ASAP. As it has been nearly a month without internet and using my mobile is costing a fortune.

Thanks,
Cam
0 Ratings