Why does BT have such an abismal record of getting it wrong with house moves? I am currently at the end of my tether regarding what should be an everyday simple move and have been without a phone line or broadband for two days. Both my partner and I rely on these services for our businesses and so we are into day 3 of losing money!
The saga, as follows......
* We order a move of phone number and broadband from old house to new and told this will happen Mon 16/11.
* Ask if I can bring this forward as we need to move quicker and told yes, it can happen Wed 11/11
* Wednesday arrives and line is disconnected from old property. By 4pm, not on in new property so I call to chase. Told there has been a problem with reactivation but no-one called to tell me this (as would have been good customer service!). I explain that its's a line that our businesses rely on and how important it is for this to be reconnected. I ask for it to be reconnected to the old house and we will wait until original move date of 16/11. Told that the line would be re-instated by midnight.
* Thursday morning and still no line. Call Orders team again and ask for them to expedite the issue. They send an urgent email to Openreach and the line should be back on within a few hours - no need to wait until midnight. 4pm - still no line but receive a txt to advise line will be back on by midnight. Also receive an email to advise that the new line in the new house has been activated and advised of the number.
* Friday morning. Day three of being disconnected and day three of losing money due to customers being unable to contact us and not having internet. I call the complaints team, again get through to someone in India and am told exactly the same as I have been told yesterday morning. I am told that the move will go-ahead as planned on Monday, as if being without a line for a further three days is an acceptable situation!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 I ask to speak to someone in higher authority and told that a manager will call me by 8pm this evening!!! I ask to speak to someone in the UK as the urgency of this issue does not seem to be registering with the people I have spoken to so far. Told I can't speak to someone in the UK. I trawl the internet to try to get a number to get me through to someone who can actually help me but to no avail. I trawl the customer charter but all roads lead to one of three 0800 numbers that all lead to people in India who, in my humble experience, have proved to be absolutely useless and just lie and tell you what you want to hear without actually fixing any of the total mess they have made!
* I also check the phone line at the new property only to find that I cannot call out on it and also find that when I ring the number given, it doesn't seem to ring!!!!
I am exasperated to say the least. I feel I have been constantly lied to and have been promised that the problem will be solved and it isn't. There seems to be no registering of the fact that we are LOSING MONEY due to this incompentance of the BT orders team.
If there is someone from BT reading this that can help, please could you get in touch as a matter of urgency to let me know where I can go from here? This situation makes me want to cancel all services I currently have with you and move to other providers...........
Both my partner and I rely on these services for our businesses and so we are into day 3 of losing money!
The saga, as follows......
I explain that its's a line that our businesses rely on and how important it is for this to be reconnected. we are LOSING MONEY due to this incompentance of the BT orders team.
Day three of being disconnected and day three of losing money due to customers being unable to contact us and not having internet.
Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum
As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/
BT do not permit you to use a residential account to run a business, as its against their T&Cs.
And that, my friend, sums up the attitude of BT!! No mention of the exasperation we are going through to get the line back on to receive ANY calls at all, be it business or personal and no recognition of the incompetence of the Orders team in India. Absolutely no help whatsoever, which is the exact attitude I have faced at every dealing with company!! Absolute shame on you BT!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
This is a customer to customer forum only,
This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.
See title page
"The BT Community forum is a place for BT customers and experts to share knowledge and help each other."
We are all just customers, so cannot really suggest anything apart from the business forums. Business customers get priority service.
Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.
This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.
What @Keith_Beddoe said. This is a customer help forum, nobody here works for BT (except the forum mods) and this forum can't help you because you are a business customer, for which you should direct yourself to the business forums.
If you are running a business on a residential broadband package, you are violating the Residential T&C's and could have your broadband terminated.