cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

House Move Shambles

I am moving house at the end of April and have just spent most of the morning attempting to arrange the transfer of my BT phone and broadband package.

Filled in all the online forms, got to the last one and could progress no further even though all information was input.

Then called the BT contact number, went through the whole thing and was told everything would be up and running on the day of my move AT THE END OF MAY! I reiterated my move date at the end of April, the lady went very quiet and said she would call back in a few minutes. Of course she did not.

I called again and spoke to someone else, went through all the details again, and he confirmed that a date of 27May had been input.

Again I told him of my April move date. He then kept me hanging on for 10 minutes and on his return informed me that upgrade work was being done by BT in my new area and no new connections can be made until this is completed.

I find this quite hard to believe and, if I remain with BT I will be without phone or Internet for a month.

As the title says "Shambles".

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: House Move Shambles

BT request that you give them 30 days notice of a home move, how much notice did you give them?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
j1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I understand that 30 days notice has to be given to end a BT contract but did not realise the same applied for a transfer of BT services for a house move. Certainly, no one I have spoken to at BT has told me that.

Thank you for asking a moderator to assist.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 6

Hi @j1

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the confusion about the date to move your services to your new address.  We can help you from here however we are extremely busy at the moment and it will take at least 7 days for us to get round to picking your case up as we deal with cases stricly in turn as we receive them.

In the meantime, may I suggest chatting with our order colleagues online?  You can chat with them using the following link: Order Live Chat Team

Post back to let us know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
j1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Sadly I didn't get anywhere with the online chat.

They just reiterated the connection date of 27 May and did not answer my question as to why, having been told there was no problem with my request for 29th April, it suddenly became impossible.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 6

Hi @j1

Thanks for posting back and taking the time to chat with my colleagues online.

It may be the case that the 27th May is the soonest available date for an engineer to go out and complete the work however we will check if that's the case.  As I said, we are very busy at the moment so it will take us a few days to get round to picking this up.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings