cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

How Long to......Connect DSLAM

Does anyone know the APPROXIMATE time it takes BT to connect a DSLAM up.

I am on an EO line. Frour grren cabinets have been put in to my local Exchange (Aberdeen West). BT have connected up the lines to the smaller cabinet. BT have connected power to the 2 DSLAM cabinets. How long do you think to hook it all up now the major investment is out of the way and planning and utilities are behind us?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: How Long to......Connect DSLAM

It is the same answer as I gave you in message two of your original thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Aberdeen-Broadband-AB15-7SG-Craigieburn-Park/td-...

It can take many months to commission a cabinet. There is no set time scale and Openreach are unlikely to tell you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Very helpful, thanks. I doubt it will take months now all the equipment is purchased, installed and all planning done and utilities connected. Its too much sunk capital to leave it for "months". I would say Jan 2015. Lets see.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 32

But I could be wrong....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 32

i spoke to some of the workers at the Exchange who are installing the DSLAMs. They are to connect EO lines. The cabinets are equipped have electricity and the EO lines are being moved across. So I expect these new cabinets at Aberdeen West will spring into action quite soon....

If so, thank you BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 32

the cabs will then need tested - a good clue to availability is when you can hear the fans working in the cabs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 32

No noise yet from the two DSLAMs outside Aberdeen West......AB15 7SG still waiting to get connected. Hopefully goodbye to Exchange Only lines. Thank you Openreach, if it ever happens.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Still no noice from the DSALMs just workment from the contracted teleco company working long hours doing something. Loads of cable, fibre, cable and more cable.

Hopefully in the next month or two it will be ready. Moderator - any news on DSLAMs for AB15 7SG

Thank you Openreach and BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 32

the mods will no more information on the cabinet than you get from using the checker as it is openreach who are responsible for install and activation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 32

Looks like a robot has answered this question. Impossible to get a straight answer ......from anyone. Even a Quarter in a year would be nice
0 Ratings