cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbie3twist
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

How can Bt charge but cant tell me what for and when.

I have today been advised by email that my Internet usage for last month was 26gb. 17gb over my limit. i have been on the phone for over an hour being passed to every department known to bt. I've had to give up now because most of them have now closed for the day.

My phone and broadband went down due to a faulty cable for a week in july. So how could i have used so much in 3 weeks. BT say that they can only tell me how much i used but not when used. Is this true. Is it possible when i had the loop fault that this caused problems and the computer that calculates my usage recorded information incorrectly.

Once again i have cancelled my direct debits. 

Technical say its billing, Billing say its Faults, and faults say its technical and then we start again. Even the automated systems is telling me that i have made alot of calls to them.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How can Bt charge but cant tell me what for and when.

Hi

This is well odd because when i call the Fair Usage Team, they state that they can see how much i have downloaded per day.

I would ask them to provide you with evidance of your download and uploads amount for the period they suggest the internet usage was up.

If you dont recieve any communication, you need to complain that YOU as well as others do not have access to live records of your download and upload usage, this is a big thing especially for Option 3 users receiving letters / emails advising 100GB FUP usage when Option 3 is unlimited.

Let us know how you get on

cg

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

@Robbie3twist wrote:

My phone and broadband went down due to a faulty cable for a week in july. So how could i have used so much in 3 weeks. BT say that they can only tell me how much i used but not when used. Is this true. Is it possible when i had the loop fault that this caused problems and the computer that calculates my usage recorded information incorrectly.

Hi.

If BT can't or won't tell you when you had made the usage, e.g. daily figures, then the system is totally useless and flawed (as I keep saying - and as there is no information to say I am wrong, either by Mods or support people - I will believe I am correct). Any challenge for proof will clearly fail if they are telling you this.

I suggest that you ask for the proof again, ask for senior management to provide this proof - otherwise the charges are completely invalid.

0 Ratings
Robbie3twist
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Bt suck. More calls no help. All they say is upgrade to option 2.

The only advice to other people i would give is never never get BT installed, they are **bleep**. Only good for phone line.

0 Ratings
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Exhaust their complaint procedure, then take it to OFCOM.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Robbie3twist,

Thanks for posting. We can only tell you how much you've used and not where the actual usage stems from. I think the best way to avoid going over your usage would be to instal a usage meter. there are loads out there and a quick google search will find you one that suits. If you want me to look into this further then drop me an email with your account details and a link to this thread for reference to forum.moderation.team@bt.com and I'll see what i can find out.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Robbie3twist
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks but another provider is a better option now. Im angry at how i've been passed around and still no one wants to help. From what i've been told by your Fair usage team is that its private info that they cant have access,  to protect my privacy. BUT you can see who i talk to by phone and tell me that info. So my phone calls are not private but how many times i go on broadband is.

This is a simple way of getting more money out of me and other people. I cant believe the only answer i got from bt was to upgrade to another option.

0 Ratings
Robbie3twist
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Please note my avatar is now a brick wall. I dont think i need to explain. Sorry about references to other service providers.

0 Ratings