Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigalowen21
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

How can I check my latency is fixed on Interleaved

Good evening all,

Last year i was having a problem with my speed dropping from 14mps down to 0.05 for a few hours then going back up to normal speeds again. After getting in touch with your helpful Forum they switched my line from Fast to Interleaved due to the massive amount of errors on my line readings.(220,000 in 5 mins) Everything has been fine until recently (last 4 weeks) and I've been having the same issues. I've called the call centre and they've told me they can't change my line from Auto back this has to be done elsewhere? Can someone on here help me again? I have a BT hub 4 and can provide any additional information if required.

Thank you in advance

Alan

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: How can I check my latency is fixed on Interleaved

Try hub manager the troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats you see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bigalowen21
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Here goes;

According to the below I'm on Interleaved?

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068340+NQ32569785
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.17 (Type A) Last updated 09/12/13
4. Board version:BT Hub 4A
5. ADSL uptime:0 days, 00:36:02
6. Bandwidth:828 / 14167
7. Data sent/received:3.8 MB / 31.1 MB
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT FON:Yes
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-P5XT
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (Recommended)) 20 MHz, WPS enabled
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic / 6
14. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub4-P5XT
15. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 n 40 MHz (Recommended)) 20/40 MHz, WPS enabled
16. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic / 40
18. Firewall:Default
19. MAC Address:cc:33:bb:78:4a:da
20. VPI/VCI:0 / 38
21. Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
22. Latency type:Interleaved
23. Software variant:-
24. Boot loader:-
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Yes you are on interleaved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bigalowen21
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

During the time the speed went to a crawl I got the following readings;

22:04:25, 07 Dec.( 105.080000) DSL noise margin: 10.10 dB upstream, 3.10 dB downstream
22:04:24, 07 Dec.( 104.050000) DSL line rate: 828 Kbps upstream, 14167 Kbps downstream

Does the above mean anything at all?

Thanks

Alan

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Your router just reset was that a manual reset?  You have a 14mb connection speed

0 Ratings
bigalowen21
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Yes, the call centre kindly asked me to reset it. About 20 mins after the reset the speed went back to normal.

In fact thats the usual process, once the speeds drop to a crawl I reset the hub. A few minutes later it's back to normal?

What could be the issue? I was presuming latency but obviously not? My neighbours (on a seperate local forum) are complaining of the same issues. Could this be an exchange problem? Those neighbours using Sky broadband are not 

affected. 

Thanks

Al

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Check your exchange here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

0 Ratings