cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 241 of 256

Re: How can I ever get open reach to check the cables !

Go to solution

@licquorice

Who is the PPP server so I can PPP punch them on the nose ? 

so sorry Im getting agressive and I know that does not solve anything. I apologise Smiley Frustrated

Sometimes it does not get to the first stage of the diagnostics test and it fails at the DSL stage Smiley Frustrated

03 dec failed tp link.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 300m from FFTC Cab 3. BTw exchange enabled @ 80/20. Actual attainable speed over wifi - 78. Oh Happy days ..until DLM kicks in 😛
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 242 of 256

Go to solution
I was told by support that open reach have to come out if you have a crackly line, I'm sure you remember it crackling when I phoned you??!!
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 243 of 256

Go to solution

Im down again and fed up. I had ten hours downtime yesterday 

16/12/2015 21:05:12 Log End
Monitor Duration 23:19:32
Failure Summary:
Count 5
Total Downtime 10:24:29
% Downtime 44.62
Minimum Length 0:05:27
Maximum Length 10:04:15
Average Length 2:04:53

And it looks like it will be much the same today 

17/12/2015 08:07:14 Log Start
---------------------------------------
Failure Start Length
17/12/2015 08:51:54 0:01:31
17/12/2015 14:55:10 0:02:01
17/12/2015 15:07:39 0:40:54
17/12/2015 16:25:07 0:16:18
17/12/2015 17:04:37 1:06:26

BT India did not phone me as promised

BT Ireland has not phoned me either. 

I think I have been abandoned becausae nobody knows how to fix my internet Smiley Sad

Looks like im goning have no internet for christmas 

17th Dec DSL fails.JPG17th Dec no connection.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 300m from FFTC Cab 3. BTw exchange enabled @ 80/20. Actual attainable speed over wifi - 78. Oh Happy days ..until DLM kicks in 😛
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 244 of 256

Go to solution

just an update. still no DSL connection Smiley Mad 

Yawn, 

they are sending another engineer on Monday. As predicted no internet all weekend. Third weekend in a row. Obviuously the previous engineers are not fixing the orginnal problem. 

Naffed off again. 

I have no other router to test if its the router thats an issue. But thats because BT did not send the HH as promised. Prolly wil have to fork out 100 quid to pop of the PC World to buy an Asus 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 245 of 256

Go to solution

You deserve a medal for your patience and fortitude throughout this tale of woe!

Don't go out throwing more money out in attempt to fix it as it would be money wasted. You've already spent more than enough and ruled out every possible problem at your end.

I'll keep watching devlopments so you aren't on your own.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 246 of 256

Go to solution

if i were you i would demand the router bt should of sent you and not spend anymore money out and use the bt router as a back up,the b t hub 5b are a good router i have had a better internet since swapping to hub 5b.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 247 of 256

Go to solution

hello everybody, 

Yeah its me and my tale of woe. I feel like the terminator *ill be back* 

Well here is an update. December has not been a good month for disconnections . The internet goes down for days at a time and no matter what router I try it just cannot seem to find BT servers. Or at least I think that is what is happening. 

I have two questions please. 

Yesterday I spoke to a complaints manager who told me that the engineer who was due to visit on the 30th Jan reset the "Dynamic servers" remotley. Is this possible? I thought dynamic servers where for webpages? 

Secondly. Look at the pics of my stats ... What do you make of that ? 

31st New HHB no servers.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 248 of 256

Go to solution
@pip Thank you for your support - sometimes feels like Im alone

@shamus Thank you as well. - I bought a Thomson router - Bargain second hand from ..... So now I have 3 routers to try when cunstomer services insist its a router problem

@ All of you - you have all been great supportive

Wishing You all the most prosperous and calm New Year
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 249 of 256

Go to solution

31st New HHB no servers.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 250 of 256

Go to solution

Has anyone suggested some kind of extremely nasty virus / trojan on your computer? If somebody has backdoor access to your computer they could be meddling with anything? (Including resetting routers etc)

...Just throwing it out there as a suggestion...

0 Ratings