cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Embraer
Contributor
Message 81 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

That is with the gods, just keep checking the BT Wholesale checker

0 Ratings
zonker84
Beginner
Message 82 of 503

Anyone have any information on DH5 0LA ?

The postcode checker here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

says "accepting orders" but checking my phone number on BT's website still says it's unavailable.

0 Ratings
gpfradgley
Beginner
Message 83 of 503

I'm on the Knottingley Exchange at WF11 8HF and I'm really close to the towns Exchange. Do you know what phase I'm on? Thanks

0 Ratings
Embraer
Contributor
Message 84 of 503

Looks like you're connected directly to the exchange so FTTC isn't an option for you. There is talk that eventually direct lines might be fibred up but you're out of luck at the moment

0 Ratings
creeve15
Beginner
Message 85 of 503

Can you tell when FTTC will be available for SN11 9UN?

I have a feeling that half the postcode has got FTTC and the other half hasn't

Thanks

Chris.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 86 of 503

100% of cabinets in SN11 9UN are connected to the same cabinet, cabinet number 23. It's going to be FTTC enabled if it's not already (latest spreadsheet).

Have you had a walk around to see if you can find your cab? There'll be a newer, greener one very close by if the cab has already been installed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dazzybabe
Contributor
Message 87 of 503

"The postcode checker here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
says "accepting orders" but checking my phone number on BT's website still says it's unavailable."

I get the same here. I'm guessing it means that it's more or less ready and they're just waiting for the final switch on or something.

0 Ratings
Upbeat
Beginner
Message 88 of 503

I live in the Streetly area which will shortly be getting infinity - lots of activity in the streets at the moment! When the upgrade happens will standard broadband speeds increase as well? We currently get around 4.2mps download and am hoping it may increase a bit when Infinity is enabled.

0 Ratings
Infinitechris
Expert
Message 89 of 503

@Upbeat wrote:

I live in the Streetly area which will shortly be getting infinity - lots of activity in the streets at the moment! When the upgrade happens will standard broadband speeds increase as well? We currently get around 4.2mps download and am hoping it may increase a bit when Infinity is enabled.

Installing fibre to the cabinet will have no effect on your current broadband speeds as these will continue to use the copper cabling to the exchange. You will have to order a fibre connection like Infinity to see any gain.

0 Ratings
Crashst3r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 503

Aint streetly already active, thought openreach announced its accepting orders since the 27th Feb.

0 Ratings