cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 341 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

Has anyone got any information on when Cabinet 6 on the Bishops Waltham Exchange will be FTTC enabled (Postcode SO32 2RP, Swanmore, Hants), if ever?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 342 of 503

Hi digitalker,

Your exchange BISHOPS WALTHAM is FTTC fibre broadband enabled but to be able to get Fibre broadband such as BT Infinity your green telephone street cabinet will also need to be upgraded with a new FTTC Street Cabinet. Not all of these street cabinets in an exchange area are upgraded.

Having just checked the address in SO32 2RP, it looks like your cabinet 6 isn't currently on the Openreach Superfast-fibre broadband rollout plan as there is no estimation date for WBC FTTC and maybe added later in the future.

For the most accurate data you can use your landline number here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband rollout is still in it's early stages and the plans are always being added too. 

So your cabinet may be upgraded in the future, though there is no public time scale on when that will be.

Unfortunately BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP who operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get FTTC or FTTP/H based broadband such as BT Infinity.

You can register your interest for Fibre Broadband such as BT Infinity by going to http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx 

Please bear in mind that in some cases it may not be possible to provide FTTC broadband in areas due to: 

• Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet - (Exchange Only Line [EO] )
• Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable FTTC broadband service such as BT Infinity service.
• Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
• We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
• Your home may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
• Your landlord may not have agreed to the fibre infrastructure being provided in your building (for example if you live in a flat).

•There isn't a adequate power supply

• No ducting or inadequate ducting

plus lots more.

The build of the fibre broadband infrastructure in the area isn't always easy and can be very complex.

You can keep checking the BT Wholesale Database and BT Infinity website for the most upto date information as these are updated regularly.

The openreach When and Where website is: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

Also look out for these FTTC Cabinets on/near your street/area. If you see one near your old cabinet then you maybe in luck for Fibre broadband.

fttc_cabinet_medium-3.jpg

**The Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs.
BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Highlighted
Message 343 of 503

Thanks for your comprehensive reply jac_95!

You have pretty much confirmed what I thought from my research.  I have already registered interest.

Do the cabinets have identifying numbers on them?  I cannot be sure where cabinet 6 is (it's not in my actual road - I am on a relatively small estate developed in the mid-1980's), although we have quite a few of the new style cabinets in the surrounding area.  A map of cabinet locations would be very helpful...

I'll keep checking & hoping!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 344 of 503

No problem digitalker.

The PCPs sometimes have the numbers on then and they are not always on your street or near your address. For example my pcp is about 2+miles away.

I don't think Openreach would permit the locations of each cabinet/pcp being publicised.

I'm afraid all you can do is register interest and to get people in your area to also register. This will at least show that there is some demand for it in your area.

Though as already said the rollout is done in stages and is still in it's early days so your cabinet may be upgraded sometime in the future.

Cheers

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 345 of 503

Hi, can you tell me if postcode BH11 8NS will be FTTC enabled please. I am served by cabinet 7 on the northbourne exchange.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 346 of 503

if you try the links posted above the answers to your questions are there
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 347 of 503

Hi likearocket,

Like John46 has said, if you try all the links in my previous posts on this page. It will give you some indication on if and when you will be able to get Fibre broadband such as BT Infinity.

I have also checked the address in the postcode area and you are served by the NORTHBOURNE exchange which is a FE (Future Exchange) for Fibre broadband and is estimated for the exchange to be FTTC upgraded by the end of 2013.

However this is only half the process, after your exchange has been Fibre Upgraded then your local street cabinet will need to be upgraded to a new FTTC Cabinet.

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband rollout is still in it's early stages and the plans are always being added too. 

So your cabinet may be upgraded in the future once the exchange has been Fibre enabled, though there is no public time scale on when that will be.

Please bear in mind that in some cases it may not be possible to provide FTTC broadband in areas due to: 

• Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet - (Exchange Only Line [EO] )

• Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable FTTC broadband service such as BT Infinity service.

• Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.

• We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.

• Your home may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.

• Your landlord may not have agreed to the fibre infrastructure being provided in your building (for example if you live in a flat).

• There isn't a adequate power supply

• Health and safety issues

• No ducting or inadequate ducting

Unfortunately BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP who operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get FTTC or FTTP/H based broadband such as BT Infinity.

You can register your interest for Fibre Broadband such as BT Infinity by going to http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx

You can keep checking the BT Wholesale Database and BT Infinity website for upto date information as these are updated regularly.

The openreach When and Where website is: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

The Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs.

BT Retail (your communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Try a Search
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 348 of 503

Hi, 

Can anyone help?

We have BT infinity in my village. I've checked on samknows.com and it says ...

Exchange name: Lanivet
Exchange code: WWLVET

Postcode: PL305HD

FTTC status: Available in some areas

My Postcode is PL30 5HF

I can still only get 6mb speed even though there are the new BT Infinity cabinets in the village.

I had the OpenReach guys out here a few weeks ago and they mentioned something about me being connected to Cab 1 but had no clue as to when that would be connected up with BT Infinity. 

I tried an FTTC checker http://fttc-check.alc.im and got these details
P4   70%   2.34   Cornwall - Tranche 2    Not part of a phase    FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

P81 6%     2.47   Cornwall - Tranche 2    Not part of a phase    FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

P1   22%                                            Not part of a phase

According to the exchange details on that website Status is 'Accepting Orders' but when I call BT they tell me it's not available at my address.

There is a green cabinet near my home (the old style) but no Infinity cabinet next to it. I'm guessing that is the Cab 1 the OpenReach guys were referring to.

So how on earth do I find out when I will be able to get Infinity?!! It seems like a completely dissorganized shambles to me.

The OpenReach guys also said that the 'total UK coverage' that BT refer to actually only means 80% of homes. Could I be in the 20% of homes which is not going to get Infinity?

I've tried so many avenues to get this information and still haven't found the answer! Does anybody know?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 349 of 503

Hai

Use this website here, enter your phone number. If your cabinet is planned to be upgraded it will give you estimation dates for WBC FTTC.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 350 of 503

Thanks ryant704, but I have already tried that site - that's where I found my Cabinet number.  So clearly there are no plans yet to update the cabinet as there is no entry for WBC FTTC.

The waiting continues....

0 Ratings