cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theanstees
Beginner
Message 11 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

Also, does the list include a longitude and latitude of the cabinet? If not, how would I go about finding where the cabinet is?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 503

Unfortunately not, its a walk around the local streets or google street view.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
binky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 503

Hi PC,

Any chance your documents have any details on Westbury BA13 4HS

Regards

Simon [SSWWS]

0 Ratings
theanstees
Beginner
Message 14 of 503

OK Thanks.

Do the cabinets have their numbers written on them, so if I did find it by looking around, I would know its the right cabinet?

My post code is: RG249GH - any info is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 503

@theanstees wrote:

OK Thanks.

Do the cabinets have their numbers written on them, so if I did find it by looking around, I would know its the right cabinet?

My post code is: RG249GH - any info is appreciated.

Thanks

The old cabinets should have the numbers on them(if still legible). The new fibre cabinets are not numbered. I will let PC get back to you with any details.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 503

Your postcode is served by 2 cabs, 41.66% of lines are on cab 95 the rest on cab 97.

THBZBASINGSTOKERG249GH{THBZ}{p95}41.66
THBZBASINGSTOKERG249GH{THBZ}{p97}58.33

Info taken from this document which was briefly available on the openreach website. It's dated 13th april, there is a newer version but as yet it's not been leaked. So don't take it as gospel as far as availability is concerned but the postcode to pcp number matching should be accurate.

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 503

@binky wrote:

Hi PC,

Any chance your documents have any details on Westbury BA13 4HS

Regards

Simon [SSWWS]

Apologies for the delay...

In case you haven't downloaded the document from croftie's post.

SSWWS WESTBURY BA134HS {SSWWS}{p8} 0 100 3.96 7b Yes FTTC

That postcode is served by cab 8.

And due according to my (old) document in phase 7.... at present phase 5 is being completed.

This OPENREACH DOCUMENT which is updated monthly will keep you informed of the EXCHANGE status.

At present in the Future Exchanges section 

WESTBURY SSWWS FTTC 2012 West Wiltshire District

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Benjyshwa
Beginner
Message 18 of 503

Hi there PC, Having been searching to figure out why my exchange has been infinity enabled but upon entering my postcode, house number and phone number I get the " Sorry you are not currently able to get Bt Infinity" etc.

I have searched through a few documents that have been listed on here to find my postcode and cabinet information?

SLDF DRONFIELD S18 1TF {SLDF}{p8} 0 100 6.17 5b Yes FTTC

and also the open reach document which states ;

DRONFIELD - SLDF - FTTC - Now - Derbyshire County

From this information it appears to me that I should be able to get Infinity either now or at some point?

Is there anything you can get out of those numbers to shed some light on this problem?

Cheers. 

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 503

Looks like you've done all the groundwork already....

Have you seen if your pcp cabinet number 8 has a fibre cabinet located alongside/nearby and if so can you hear it's fans running?

If it  has been installed and is powered up.....

Do you have any friends/neighbours that have the same postcode that have or the checker  says can get Infinity?

Or if you see Openreach activity around town ask them about cab 8.

I found them extremely helpful and they seemed to enjoy briefly talking to someone showing interest and with a bit of knowledge about what they were doing.

If you can get evidence that someone has/can get infinity from that cabinet then it may be that the Openreach database for your line has an error.

The Mods DeanM and others may be able to help if that is the case.... You click on their name to get the contact form.. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

There are many reasons why you can't get it http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13948/346

Even things like the speed estimated for your line is below the threshold allowed for infinity.. 15Mb (Or option 3 is 5Mb I think).

However I would have thought the checker would have provided this info in it's estimate rather than just the "You can't get" message.

So if cabinet 8 is up and running I would do as much research as possible to get the evidence that someone with the same Postcode can get Infinity and then using the contact form request help from the forum mods giving this info and referring back to your post.

Plan B if you draw a blank with BT then it may be worth your while contacting the smaller ISP's that provide Fibre broadband.

In case they are able to get around procedures a bit more flexibly... ie not on database therefore you can't have it or it's to slow so we can't install..... they may be more hungry for the business and go the extra mile.

However I definitely recommend DeanM and crew first, as they have helped people in similar situations where Technically everything was OK it was just database/admin department saying no.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

Twhh
Message 20 of 503

Hi, This is the discussion I've been looking for for ages! The date for when my exchange (Haywards Heath) will be enabled has slipped and slipped, but is now due to go live by 31 March. However, I live in a village just outside of Haywards Heath, albeit only approx 1.5 miles from the exchange. Is there any way I can find out if my cabinet will be enabled? I live in a new development that has its own cabinet, but I assume this is unlikely to account for anything? I tried looking at the document from a previous post but the document has been removed. My postcode is RH17 5AX. Thanks
0 Ratings