cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavmas
Contributor
Message 31 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

West Midlandsreturn to map
GREAT NEWS! THESE EXCHANGES ARE READY FOR BT INFINITY

Bedworth, Berkswell, Bromsgrove, Burntwood, Cannock, Chapel End, Cheslyn Hay, Droitwich, Earlsdon, Evesham, Fallings Park, Fazeley, Fernhill Heath, Great Barr, Heath Hayes, Hednesford, Hillside, Kenilworth, Knowle, Leamington Spa, Leamore, Lichfield, Northern, Nuneaton, Polesworth, Rugby, Solihull, St Johns, St Peters, Stratford On Avon, Swadlincote, Tamworth, Tettenhall, Walsall, Warwick, Wednesbury, Worcester.

31ST DEC 2011

Cheadle, Donnington, Headless Cross, Malvern, Selly Oak, Southam.

31ST MAR 2012

Alsager, Baschurch, Bewdley, Biddulph, Burton On Trent, Dawley, Edgbaston, Erdington, Leek, Marton, Newport, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Stourport, Streetly.

30TH JUN 2012

Four Oaks, Hereford, Ipsley, Kidderminster, Milford, Oswestry, Penkridge, Redditch, Shirley, Stirchley, Sutton Coldfield, Wellington.

31ST DEC 2012

Bilston, Brierley Hill, Central, Foleshill, Fordhouses, Highway, Horseley Fields, Lye, Midland, Newcas

No date for my exchange; well it was nice when it lasted but im moving, virgin can offer me 50mb now

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 503

Hi their all the surrounding street by me are enabled for infinity yet my street is not could you please tell me when its going to be available in my street wv11 2rg thanks

0 Ratings
lamplite1c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 503

Big thanks to Infinatechris, oh I hope my cabinet gets turned on in March, I was getting all excited because virgin were expanding there fibre network but surprise surprise not at my postcode, but I'm so glad bt haven't let me down, well I guess I'll be getting my sleeping bag ready for cabinet watch lol. As the cabinet which I think I've found is quite a new one as there is allot of new builds about do they put the fibre gubbins inside or add to the outside a limpet baby cabinet? Also what do the details you sent me mean? I know every one will be rolling there eyes by that question but thought I'd ask.
Regards
Robert
0 Ratings
lamplite1c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 503

Lol, I just rolled my own eyes reading a previous post I worked out that my speed should go up by nearly 6 times and the100% of all lines are as you said served by the cabinet. I do apologise for my stupidity, the only excuse I have is I was all agogg with excitement that my little green box is getting it's helping of fruit and fibre.

Robert
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 503

Yes the Document can look a bit confusing when you see it for the first timeSmiley Frustrated

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 503

@pearcehay1 wrote:

Hi their all the surrounding street by me are enabled for infinity yet my street is not could you please tell me when its going to be available in my street wv11 2rg thanks

CMLEALEAMOREWV112RG{CMLEA}{P4}0100%3.153YesFTTC 

Phase 3... I would have thought you would already have a larger Fibre Cabinet installed next to your original green pcp telephone cab # 4 by now.

Have you tried entering your TELEPHONE NUMBER into this checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Using your number rather than post code will give a more accurate result.

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/ is showing.-

Exchange Name: LEAMORE

However don't get too excited just like my town only some areas cabinets have been done.

And Samknows is also showing "in Some Areas"

So the first thing I would do is search for cabinet 4.... if you find a Fibre cabinet alongside then keep checking the checkers, they should be saying something about FTTC by now.

If the Fibre cabinet is in and you can hear the fans running but there is no info for FTTC on your line..... Then SEE THIS  offer from a BT Forum Mod.... They could check the Database accuracy for you. And they have access to more up to date info.

Below is a pic of a typical Fibre cab and to the far right is the original green pcp telephone cabinet.

Note it is only the small original cab that has a number painted on it in your case look for number 4.

Infinity cab and PCP.jpg

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 503

thanks for the quick reply pc the phone number checker is saying that their is no data for my number and when i rang earlier on they said that my cabinet is not on the list to be upgraded or something, i cant find the cabinet anywhere on my street either i know my exchange is ready but i still cant get infinity why why why lol

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 503

i actually found the cabinet on google street view it has a number 4 on it but it looks alot smaller than the cabinet on your picture its not the fibre one its still the old 1 i just dont understand why the surround streets have it and i dont

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=-33.988934,18.432997&spn=37.299588,75.410156&z=4&layer=c&cbll=-33.9...

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 503

I would still suggest a walk to see if there is any recent change.... as Google may not have the current picture.

There are smaller versions of the fibre cabinet (see pic below) however the way to distinguish a fibre from the old cab is that fibre one have cooling grills..... and as far as I know no number painted on.

As I mentioned there are some areas of an exchange that gets Infinity but there can be some cabinets connected to the exchange that do not get upgraded for a load of reasons... Planning permission problems.... etc.

My document has your cab down but maybe it ran foul of problems.... However as it did show on the list I think if I was you I'd take Dean's (BT Forum Mod) offer of help finding cab infoup as linked HERE. If you click on his name it'll lead you to the contact form to use. Supply as much detail about your address+Post Code/BT account number/phone number as you can to enable an accurate reply.

Dean is a very helpful guy and I'm sure he/or someone from the team will get back to you, might take a number of days depending on the workload.

Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 503

cheers for the reply again mate, i went and had a look it is a small green cabinet with a number 4 on it, what do you mean its on your list?