cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

There is/was a list leaked on the internet late last year that cross referenced peoples post code to their cabinet and added a bit of detail about FTTC etc. That was what I pasted.....

P4 being your cab 100% being the whole of that Post Code is served from that cab (Sometimes if it's a large area two cabs are needed as mentioned by Dean in that link)

3.15 is the estimate speed improvement Fibre could give. (Example 10Mbps could increase to 31.5Mbps normally a very conservative estimate imho).

3 Being the phase the upgrade would be done in... a very early phase, mine in July 2011 was phase 5.

Yes FTTC Fibre to the cabinet upgrade. (The only other option is FTTP Fibre To The Premise... exchange to your home direct).

CMLEALEAMOREWV112RG{CMLEA}{P4}0100%3.153YesFTTC 

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 503

I notice your mention fttp then how would i go about that? my road is very large i jus cant undastand why they have still not yet updated my cabinet im running 3mb download atm and im on xbox live its so frustrating

PC
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 503

@pearcehay1 wrote:

I notice your mention fttp then how would i go about that? my road is very large i jus cant undastand why they have still not yet updated my cabinet im running 3mb download atm and im on xbox live its so frustrating

Fibre to the premise FTTP isn't mentioned for that cab. You could include that question (along with FTTC) on that BT Contact Form.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-has-reached-my-area-but-the-line-checker-says-I-c...

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 503

is their anyway i can get that list off you? are u saying the as im a 3 my cabinet should be done in the near future?

0 Ratings
Infinitechris
Expert
Message 45 of 503

@pearcehay1 wrote:

is their anyway i can get that list off you? are u saying the as im a 3 my cabinet should be done in the near future?

Here you go some kind people saved it here https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapid=S351604JNil

There is a much bigger two part list onthe net that includes all 2 million plus postcodes but this doc has had the ones with no info on FTTP/C work removed to make it usable.

Be aware that this list was up to date at December 2011 and BT will have issued newer versions since them so some entries will have changed. Remember to search for postcodes remove the space. If your postcode is missing your cabinet was not in the  plan. Deployed "yes" means it is planned not that it it is working. Deployed "No" means it was planned but not now goinmg ahead. According to BT the uplift column is not reliable.

0 Ratings
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 503

CMLEALEAMOREWV112RG{CMLEA}{P4}0100%3.153Yes

0 Ratings
SParky2010
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 503

I get the following from that list and yet I can't order Infinity

As far as I can work out I should be able to order, I've seen workmen doing things with stands and stuff, and being FTTP there won't be a new cabinet.

Am I right??

LSFORFOREST HILLSE231PB{LSFOR}{P30}0100%5.695bYesFTTP

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 503

Just a waiting game Sparky 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
pearcehay1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 503

Hi chris iv spoke to sales this morning, they have said that my exchange is ready and my cabinet has been done their just waiting for the lines to be activated do you know roughly how long this will normally take thanks again

0 Ratings
Fattim
Beginner
Message 50 of 503

My Cabinet has been finished for a few weeks and teh exchange EMDAV is accepting orders.  Just need to kow when my cab will be added to teh list - Postcode is NN110GN.

Cheers

Tim.

0 Ratings