cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annica
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

How can I find out what my home IP dynamic address is when I am away

Hi, We have dynamic IP (BT Infinity Home Hub) and when the IP address changes it messes up my CCTV/alarm settings and I have to manually enter the new IP address via the burglar alarm system's website. Is there anyway I can find out what the new IP address when I am at another location? Grateful for help! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: How can I find out what my home IP dynamic address is when I am away

You would need to open an account with a DDNS provider like No-IP. The information is then entered into the BT Home hub, and if your public IP address changes, the hostname will be updated with your new public IP address.

If the alarm website allows you to enter a hostname, then you can enter your DDNS hostname, and it should update automatically.

You can also login to your DDNS account, to see what the new IP address is.

Which BT Home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: How can I find out what my home IP dynamic address is when I am away

@annica wrote:

Hi, We have dynamic IP (BT Infinity Home Hub) and when the IP address changes it messes up my CCTV/alarm settings and I have to manually enter the new IP address via the burglar alarm system's website. Is there anyway I can find out what the new IP address when I am at another location? Grateful for help! 

The direct answer to that question is no, not from another location. But as Keith has suggested, there is a better alternative.

0 Ratings