cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

How can I get BT to listen & sort out a problem not of my making?

Hi

Been having problems since Sep 2012 when I ordered my broadband & land line package. Paid in advance for 1 years line rental to get the discount. My broadband etc. never got going. Could not find out why. Since then has been one thing after another trying to sort. BT now demanding more money from me and will not listen to me re how to sort this out and instead want to engage a debt collection company/ take me to court for something that has come about due to their own negligence/competence issues. How do I get in communication with someone who will listen, explain to me where my broadband package is and recognise the contribution of BT to this mess & help sort it out? For my endeavours - I've been past from pillar to post - Extraordinary!

Thank you.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: How can I get BT to listen & sort out a problem not of my making?

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 15

Hi Scott-M,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry to hear of the problems you have had with BT, sounds like a real nightmare.  Not to worry as I can help you out.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Thanks Gents

Sean, Hope you have received my contact via your link?

Kind regards

Scott

0 Ratings
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Hi Sean, Not heard back from you since my post & reply yesterday!
Did you get to read it/get my email?
Please confirm.
Many thanks
Scott
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 15

Hi Scott,

Can you PM me your email reference (it'll be in the following format: 123456-789012) or if you don't have it please PM me the email address you used in the web form?

I searched our queue using the email address you used to register on the forum but couldn't find an email from you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Yesterday’s -

Your enquiry reference number: xxxxxx-xxxxxx 

Today’s -

Your enquiry reference number: xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Hi, Just worked out what you were asking for! Please see above.

Does this help?

Thanks

Scott

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 8 of 15

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that.

We have your details in the queue so there is no need to fill out the form again. All emails are dealt in turn and we will get back to you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Dear Stephanie

Events thus far –

Sep 12 – I tried to purchase the all in broadband, telephone line rental package advertised by BT at the time. After a number of attempts I achieved this and took the discount option to pay for a year’s line rental in advance. (I have the copy of the order confirmation and monies paid).

The new router did not arrive so made numerous calls but could not establish status/why my router had not arrived or how can we sort this out.

I sent in a complaint over the BT web site. I received a complaint ref no. Saying we will get back to you in 72 hrs. I heard no more! I then sent a separate email saying the same – what’s happening/how can we sort etc., to a member of staff @ BT I had been given to understand might help. I heard nothing. I was getting nowhere with BT who seemed at a loss to explain, despite my own endeavours to acquire the service I desired as was advertised. I was left with the purchase order confirmation and only the complaints acknowledgment as formal status – Outstanding/unresolved as far as I was concerned & had gotton lost in the myriad of departments/you need to call this number circle.

I considered that my only option to get my own broadband & line service was to go elsewhere and proceeded to do so. We are still in the month of Sep 12.

Oct 12 – By around 4th Oct I had my service at last albeit from another provider. It was for a similar ‘all in’ package where I again paid up front for discounted years line rental. I have itemised phone call bills from the new provider from this date.

I was still waiting to hear from BT re my September experience but heard nothing.

Nov 12 – Mid Nov I received a bill from BT for phone line charges for the period of 10th Nov 12 to 9th Feb 13! The letter went on to say these monies will be taken from my account on 24th November. Not being able to make sense of this, I phoned BT on 20th Nov 12 @ 3.50pm and explained the aforementioned. ‘ok, I’ll look into and come back to you’ or similar was how it was left. I got no further advice or explanation.

Notwithstanding my call on the 20th Nov, I now understand that BT went on to collect the monies for the charges to Feb 13 only not from my account!!

Why did this money get taken?? I still do not know despite my trying to find out and resolve.

Dec 12 – I understand this third party who had inexplicably had this money taken went on to recall the money (understandable) via the banking indemnity scheme. Meanwhile BT (inexplicably) credited this third parties account by £52.14! Around this time I received a credit not saying my bank account will be credited by the same!

Some of these Dec 12 goings on I have only recently established(Feb 13). Mad.....

Feb 13 – I receive a letter from BT dated 5th Feb demanding immediate payment for the monies that were called back by the third party last Dec!

On 6th Feb I get a letter from the Debt Recovery Unit giving me 10 days to pay these charges (line rental etc. from Nov 12 to Feb 13!) or else the full might of BT’s legal team & costs will descend upon me!

I can’t explain what it has been like since receiving that letter and my almost infinite attempts and correspondence with BT to sort this out. I’ve been battered with the ‘we’re right/you’re wrong’ attitude with no recognition or explanation from BT as to why they took the money in the first place or why they did not supply my, still outstanding order last September.

I have since established the BT were aware of my action to move to another provider by at least 25th Sep 12!!

I’ve tried & tried here, well beyond the call of duty spending something like 30 man hours on this to resolve. I’m left waiting for the knock at the door from BT’s legal team.

Yours,

Wits end am I!

0 Ratings
Scott-M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Hi, I guess I'm still in the queue. Been almost a week now!

Anybody had experience of unbreakable corporate broadband contracts? Seems to be the root cause of my ongoing problems with BT! I was unable to wreslte my own phone line out of a corportate contract set up on my line and that I had nothing to do with. The said corporation who had set it up had been advised by BT that they could not break it!

Appreciate your comments.

0 Ratings