cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyCooling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How can I get my 512k line upgraded?

Guys, Im not happy, spent an hour on the phone today with BT sales teams and tech support. BT sales said I only have a 512 line, they put me through to tech support who informed me that I need a face plate thingy.....checked this out, my line isn't compatable.

I want to able to order BT Vision and play Iplayer through my Freesat box, but my line just isn't fast enough, what can I do to resolve the problem, who do I contact to get a better line?????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rustins
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: How can I get my 512k line upgraded?

Tony have you been able to check what upstream/downstream your router connects at with all phones disconnected. From what you have said it looks like you have a main socket that is the type about 6.5 x 6.5 cm and does not have a lower section which can be unscrewed to disconnect the internal wiring so as to prove it is notyour internal wiring which is causing problems. Anyway having all of the phones (and even the filters disconnected) will at least be a start. Post your results back here.

0 Ratings
TonyCooling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Its not my intrnal wiring thats at fault, BT say its my external wiring thats only rated at 512k....have I been mis-informed?

0 Ratings
TonyCooling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Download Speed 394 Kbps 0 Kbps 500 Kbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 394 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 50-500 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :576 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 15.23:23.6:61.17 (SBE:NBE:PBE) These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic. The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

These are my results, can anyone help or advise please.....really want BT Vison!!!

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

how far do you live from the exchange and what area do you live in and what make/modle of modem/router do you have?

the line sync rates show that your on a good upstream but your downstream is atrousious now its possible thats down to the modem or router your using or it could be somethign to do wiht the exchange or the phone line.
0 Ratings
TonyCooling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I've got a DG 824M Netgear, but I am about to swap to a BT Hub.

However, I have spoken to BT tech today and they say even though my location is (as the crow flies) 2 miles from the exchange, that why its so **bleep**.

0 Ratings