cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

How can I make sure the engineer comes this time?

Hi there I noticed at the beginning of last week that my broadband had slowed to a crawl. I checked the phone and could not get a dial tone. Ringing our number made the phone ring but no conversation was possible. Broadband was synced at 640 Kbps I got the automated line checker which found a fault near my property - the telegraph pole in the graphic. I fault was logged on May 1st and I got a repair date for next Wednesday 9th which I wouldn't be able to make so I went to rearrange and was able to pick last Saturday morning 5th May. About 2 hours after i rearranged it I had a call from Mumbai, he said someone was going to be coming on the original date of Wednesday, I assumed that as I had just rearranged this would not now be happening, but couldnt get him to understand that the new dte of saturday 5th wasshoes ing on my fault update page. Sure enough nobody came on the Saturday . I have now rearranged it for the afternoon of Friday 11th May My question is how do I find out if an engineer is still going to come on Wednesday afternoon (I can try to take the afternoon off from work) or has that now been properly rearranged for Friday, given that last time it was irrelevant that Saturday was showing on my fault update page for the engineers visit? Is there any way I can confirm this is logged properly on the BT systems? Sorry about the long paragraphs posting from an iPad doesn't result in correct formatting!
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: How can I make sure the engineer comes this time?

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Thanks Keith I know my post is hard to read in one long paragraph but my point was on the track your fault page the engineer was supposed to come on the morning of Saturday 5th May be no one showed up! I was hoping there may be a human somewhere who could confirm whether he is coming this Wednesday afternoon or this Friday afternoon
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Thanks unfortunately live chat doesn't work on an iPad
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Openreach have currently a large backlog of work due to the recent heavy rain which is causing a longer then normal response time this is most likely why you did not get your visit on Saturday also you said the graphic it showed as outside your property there may be no need for a visit to your home
0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Haha, the engineer turned up today, on the wednesday, which was the original date allocated! 

Despite me rearranging for last saturday morning, (showing up on my "track my fault") then, following a non show, rearranging for next friday afternoon, (showing up on my "track my fault") the OR enginner phones me (on my mobile obviously) to tell me he is her at 12.20 on the wednesday.

Luckily I was at work and could get home in 20 mins, and the chap (really nice) said he would make a start. By the time I got home he told me he had fixed it - the connection was ?corroded (6 yr old house) on the BT side of the fence.

There is a total disconnect between the "track my fault" page with BT and Openreach

If my mobile had not been in signal range and I had not been able to get home to meet this really nice OR enginner, and had they not turned up on Friday with an afternoon lost from work I would not have been happy!

I have an installation date for BT Infinity in 2w time, on price alone, but hope i don't live to regret this

I would appreciate a reply as to why "rearrange my appointment" has no effect

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

And can I just add that the first reply from Keith Beddoe was at best completely useless and at worst a deliberate attempt to end the threat with an unhelpful answer, the second was more helpful

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Please bear in mind that this is a customer to customer forum, run by forum members, the only BT employees are the forum moderators.

If you have a problem in future, you would be better using this link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/?s_cid=con_forums_contactus

You will then be in direct contact with BT, and will get a more direct answer.

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Sorry Keith, but if you are an unpaid good samaritan volunteer, can you re read your first reply, and my first post and reconcile the two.

My initial post though posted from an ipad, and therefore in one long paragraph details a particular situation personal to me.

Your post indicates an almost automated post with no thought or consideration.

And it is not good enough to dierect me to the BT customer centre, the avoidance of that was what was driving me to the forum anyway (but you should know that)

Any of your corparate responses only make this worse.

Thanks

Glyn

0 Ratings