cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: How can i change my IP address | from my PC | not restarting the hub

Just browse to the hub manager, login and go to then simply disconnect from the internet and then connect.

192.168.1.254 ...

You get a new IP, but you DO NOT have to restart the modem, OR the HH3.

Loads of people have to do this most days to get their Infinity speeds back after they "mysteriously" drop off, sometimes to less than a meg download!!!! 😞

Cheers,

Rob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 15

There are lot of methods avialable to change ip address.Here i give a simple and effective method to change your ip address.now you can do the following procedures,
Click Start
Click Run
Type in cmd and hit ok (this opens a Command Prompt) Type ipconfig /release and hit enter
Click Start, Control Panel, and open Network ConnectionsFind and Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose PropertiesDouble-click on the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)
Click on Use the following IP address
Enter a false IP like 123.123.123.123. Press Tab and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers
Hit OK twice
Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties
Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
Hit OK twice

now you go to Ip-details.com to find your new ip address...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Netwith Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

@julesandsand wrote:

Surely you would need to reboot the modem not the router.

No, the modem is just acting as a bridge, the router does the PPPoE and get's the IP address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

To the original poster,you can change your internet facing IP using the methods outlined by posters in this thread,but you can`t rely on it staying the same as it is dynamic not static.

If you wish to use a dynamic IP with a server FTP/Web Server/or game server etc you can use something like "NoIP" which gives your IP a name like xxxxx.xxx.com of your choice and updates  any new IP that you get dynamically to that name.

So your server can then be joined or connected to from the internet,even if your IP changes.

0 Ratings