cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

How can i find out if the checker database is wrong or my cabinet isnt/wont be upgraded?

Hello, like others i am in an area that is FTTC ready, and i know a number of people in the town (including someone a few hundred yards away) that have infinity.

However the checker shows as not available, and does not have any mention of a date either.

My postcode is IP124EU.

I would understand if my line cant be upgraded for whatever reason, i just want a definitive yes, no, or a date.

I am in rental property and fast broadband is so important to me (self employed, tech based) i would consider moving down the road if that is the only option.

I have been keeping my eyes open for an openreach engineer to accoste but no luck so far.

I have read on this board that mods can find out, but dont know how best to contact one., nor do i know if this is the best option.

Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: How can i find out if the checker database is wrong or my cabinet isnt/wont be upgraded?

Contact the moderators.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 9

Re: How can i find out if the checker database is wrong or my cabinet isnt/wont be upgraded?

PostcodeExchangeService TypeProbabilitySpeed IncreasePhaseCabinet
IP124EUWOODBRIDGEFTTC, but not available yet100%  P18
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

That from December Bullitt?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Where did you get that info from Bullitt?

Am i correct in thinking that means its due some time soon?

The woodbridge exchange is ready, its the cabinet bit im interested in - is P18 my cabinet, and does that mean it will be upgraded some time soon?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 9

There is a PCP spreadsheet which shows roughly of when cabinets will be upgraded, that's where Bullitt got the info from.

Since there is no rollout phase on Bullitt's post no one knows, you'll just have to look out for when there will be a FTTC cabinet next to yours.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Ok, so just to check, the P18 refers to the actual cabinet im attached to, and although there is no roll out date, the probability: 100% means it will be upgraded?

Or does that just refer to the Woodbridge Exchange (which i know is FTTC)?

Also, does this mean there is no point contacting a mod, as they would not be able to find out any more details?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 9

The probability part is the probability that you are connected to that cabinet.

You can contact a mod if you wish, albeit there could still be a possibility they there still may be no rollout for your cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

OK, i understand. Thanks for everyones help. I have contacted the mods via the form provided in the hope they will have access to more recent data.
If it turns out my cabinet will not be upgraded or is unsuitable, i will understand.

Its the not knowing that promoted me to join this board.

I will update this when i have received a response, in case its useful to others.
0 Ratings