cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

How can i set my BT Home hub 6 to restart at set time to improve connectivity issues?

I recently changed my BT Broadband package and was sent a Home hub 6. At first i thought everything was okay, but i was surely mistaken as my devices began to loose connection for no reason. after calling BT support and having factory reset the router countless times someone told me to set up the router to restart out of hours. I was hoping someone could tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: How can i set my BT Home hub 6 to restart at set time to improve connectivity issues?

I think the person who told you that was mistaken. There is no facility to do that on the Smarthub. It is also not recommended to reset the Smarthub continually as this could cause DLM (Dynamic Line Management) to mistake the re-starts as a fault on the line and it will lower the speeds to try and maintain a stable connection.

If you are having problems with the Smarthub you should consider buying a third party VDSL Modem/router to replace the Smarthub. They start in price at about £30/£40.

0 Ratings