cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chicken82
Message 1 of 4

How do BT chase debts?

I owe BT £11, which was larger but i have been paying off at regular intervals.

I recieved a letter from a debt collection agency which is quoting a hger figure and threatning legal action.

I was just wondering which companies BT uses to chase debts, as having researched the particular company online, it seems they arnt actually instruced by BT.

I have every intention of paying my last 11 quid to BT, But refuse to be frightened into paying more!

Can anyone advise?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
sparkymclirrrd
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do BT chase debts?

Unfortunately BT cannot stop debts going to a debt agency as it happens automatically, however the other charges will have been added on by a debt agency such as Moorcroft etc. Good news however is if you call BT and pay the last £11 with them and then notify the debt agency, you won't actually have to pay the additional charges, as long as it's paid sooner rather than later of course.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
lilsajade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

to be honest some of them that work  at bt are not exacltly sympathetic i understand its a business and they have to be paid for their services but in this time of recession you would at least think they would be understanding and try and help a lot more surely debt collection should be a last resort for any company

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Grumpy_MoFo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Totally agree lilsajade.

Judging by my last bill (which I have absolutely no access to see charges) BT owe me money. I guess I should be referring BT to a debt collection agency without any further haste.
0 Ratings