cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meself
Message 1 of 7

How do I block an 0800 number?

I'm getting hassled by occassional calls from an 0800 number (0800 0280195 to be precise), which is apparently a well known source of nuisance calls, e.g. see:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08000280195

I tried to use BT's "Choose To Refuse" service on this number but apparently, due to some lame reason, this doesn't work with 0800 numbers. So, how can I actually block it?

TIA,

m

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I block an 0800 number?

This Truecall unit may help

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
meself
Message 3 of 7

That may be a nice solution, but why should I have to spend a hundred quid to stop these idiots from calling me? It's BT's responsibility to provide that service, since I'm their customer, and not the other way around.

Would a BT employee like to comment?

m

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 7

Hi meself,

You can also try signing up to the Telephone Prefrence Scheme (TPS):

To register for TPS, you can ring the automated service on 0845 070 0707, email tps@dma.org.uk or online at www.tpsonline.org.uk.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
meself
Message 5 of 7

Hi Craig,

We'd already signed up, and I registered a complaint against these losers. We still got called. Since BT are my service provider, I expect them to provide me with the required service, namely to block the incoming number. Since that number is not being withheld, and can be identified via the 1471 service, then I fail to see what BT's problem is. Truly infuriating.

Best,

m

0 Ratings
woop_de_do
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I sympathise, I have exactly the same problem with 0800 027 0070. i'm already ex-directory and registered with the telephone preference service, and would love to be able to stop this particular telephone spammer ringing my land line. Then I might actually be HAPPY to hear my phone ring instead of thinking 'oh no'.
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

TPS used to work years ago but is now a total waste of time and watch those web adds for insurance quotes and the like as asking for a quote frequently accepts the T&C which includes accepting their phone calls

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings