cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

How do I block unavailable calls

I receive a lot of sales and nuisance calls from "unavailable" numbers which I want to block, however the BT "Anonymous Call Reject" feature does not block unavailable numbers - which seems a bit pointless!!! is there another way to block these calls please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I block unavailable calls

Not without some 3rd party hardware like Truecall, or one of the other such products designed for that purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

In addition to Keiths advice there are sort of half-way houses; block anonymous calls, the "choose to refuse".

Theres also the 3rd party Fritzbox, a more expensive and more versatile bit of kit, but same sort of thing as mentioned above.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9954/kw/refuse%20witheld%20numbers/c/345,351,363

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I have both BT services, but it does not stop "unavailabe" or "International" calls.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

You can also register the Telephone Preference Service, which should prevent cold calls from the UK. If you do it via BT Privacy you also get Caller Display free, which is handy if you have a compatible phone. BT Privacy has an automated 24/7 setup service on 0800 916 5544. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

As already posted. The truecall unit is the best. It's not cheap, but once you have paid for it, it's your's for keeps.

It stops specific numbers, withheld numbers and International Incoming calls.

Do a google search for TrueCall.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Wait one - I thought you were a Fritzbox fan Smiley Surprised

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

Wait one - I thought you were a Fritzbox fan Smiley Surprised

I amSmiley Wink, but the Truecall has to be the best option for most users if they can afford the initial ouitlaySmiley Sad

I have some of the truecall facilities on the Fritz but cannot use the Fritz and the Truecall in tandem, so my brother has the loan use of the Truecall and even he swears by it now.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Message 9 of 9

Thanks TK. I value your view on True-Call.
AQ.

0 Ratings