cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_skids
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

How do I cancel BT Sport thro Sky (i.e. transfer it to BTTV)

Hi all,

I've been watcing Moto GP on BT sport Sky SD channels. I decided to move to BTTV and avoid the extra charge.

I was assured it would all happen when I get the BTTV box.

Well it seems I am still getting it thro Sky  box(and being charged that way) and cannot get it through the BTTV box.

One reason for getting the BTTV was because I could not find a way to cancel the Sky provision. The salesperson assured me it would transfer over.

I would rather not get BT Sport thro Sky. I could cancel the Sky contract I suppose.

When I agreed to take up BTTV they renewed my BB contract but the online system thinks I am nearly up for renewal?

This is really a mess.

Yes i am now aware of the minimum speed - I am supposed to get 9Mbps but speedcheckers show 4Mbps.

Just this week Infinity has become available so new dilemma has arisen if I upgrade to Foibre will I be able to get the BTTV Sport service?

Dr.Skids

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dr_skids
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I cancel BT Sport thro Sky (i.e. transfer it to BTTV)

Well I tried to add Sport tomy BTTv but hte system cannot cope it gave the error (image attached):

bttvOrderFail.png

0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Your clearly not getting very far on the website. You should try to get the order done over the phone, or if your patient one of the mods might give you a contact us link, it will take longer but they should be able to ether give you exactly what you want or a clear reason why you can't.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Dial 150 when asked say cancel BT Sports. I have switched painlessly from Sky to BTTV for sport twice. You don't need to cancel sports just ask them to switch it to BTTV

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
dr_skids
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I had tried that twice already. But as i commented they say my bb is too slow so left it as Sky provided. Now i have 2 months of subscription at £5 and a promise of Fibre from next billing date.
0 Ratings