cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

How do I connect the aerial cable to my BT TV Box?

Hi, I'm trying to set up my BT TV and as far as I'm aware, I need to have an aerial cable connected to my tv box.

I bought a white 3C-2V coaxial cable (75 ohm) which I think should be plugged at one end to the wall socket (the single one in the middle), and the other end to the tv box in the 'aerial in' port. The cable, however, doesn't fit the aerial in port.

I plugged an HDMI cable from the TV to the tv box, and an ethernet cable from the tv box to the smart hub. Why isn't the aerial cable fitting?

wall sockets (close-up)wall sockets (close-up)all wall socketsall wall socketsback of smart-TVback of smart-TVback of BT tv boxback of BT tv box20200615_174608-min-min.jpg

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: How do I connect the aerial cable to my BT smart hub?

Hi, have you tried the aerial socket to the left? Does that work?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

Oops, I meant 'How do I connect the aerial cable to my BT tv box'. The online instructions say to plug it into the 'aerial in' port on the tv box, but it just won't fit. It's like the port on the tv box is too small.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

The cable fits into the ports on the wall and on the back of the TV, just not the BT tv box itself.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Is this a new box? Have you used it before? Did the Youview box come with an aerial cable?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

Yes, you do need an aerial connected to your BTTV box (for the freeview channels).

It's not clear to me whether you should be using the co-axial socket in the middle (unmarked) or the one marked "TV" under SAT 1.

Again not clear from the photos, but the "TV" wall socket appears to be male, so if that's the one connected top your loft/roof aerial then you'll need a cable with a female connector or an adapter.  Easy enough to find in-store or online.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Yes, the tv box is new but it didn't come with a cable. So you're saying I need an adapter for the tv box?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

Depends on the cable you're using - whether it's male-male or male-female.  As @StewM has said, try the left hand socket on your BT TV box (female, I think) and the TV socket on the wall (also female I think).  Assuming you have a male-male cable!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

From your photos both the wall socket and the TV box have male connectors, ergo you need a lead with a female connector each end or a male/female adaptor. I suspect the lead you have has a male one end and a female the other.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 33

I'm so confused. Should the aerial cable be connected from the wall to the TV, or from the tv box to the wall, or from the tv box to the TV?

0 Ratings