cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

How do I escalate a reported fault

I have had no phone service since the 26th July.  BT know that the problem is at a junction box about 200 yards from my home.  They have given me a date for the repair to be completed on five separate occasions but it is still not fixed.  Any ideas how I escalate this to get some action.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: How do I escalate a reported fault

26th July, do they need to do a road closure or something?

Normal way to escalate a fault is to call BT Repair, although I think they call it Help and Support now on 0800 800 151 from a land line or 0330 1234 151 from a mobile. If it is your lucky day you might get through to someone in the UK, whoever you get through to though just ask to speak to a manager, usually they call you back within two hours.

Other options are to e-mail them, below is the link for; 'I want to make a Complaint'

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/345,1001,820

I have used this before though many times and it takes BT at least 4 or 5 days to respond to you, even then it is usually something you already knew and not what you need to know.

Or you can contact the Mod's on this forum, e-mail using this link;

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They sometimes take 2 or 3 days to respond.

Please bear in mind though that BT Retail has absolutely no authority over Openreach and can not make them respond any sooner, your best bet is getting hold of a manager in BT Retail to monitor this fault and call you with updates rather than you having to call them all the time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Thanks for your response, however, I have tried calling the helpdesk and get absolutely nowhere, just apologies.  I have also used the "I want to complain" method several times but all I get in response is another possible date for the problem to be fixed.

According to an Openreach engineer, who first investigated the problem on the 26th July, the fault lies in un underground duct and the pavement will need to be dug up to repair a cable.  The engineer also said that that type of repair normally takes one week, this was confirmed by a second engineer I spoke to two days later.

I am really frustrated with trying to find someone who can get some action on repairing this cable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

A dig on a pavement should not take in excess of three weeks, one week like the engineer said, 10 days at a push if there was a bank holiday in the middle of it.

Try this web site; www.ceoemail.com

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

Thanks for the link, looks like a very useful web site.

I have also sent the whole story to the mods as you suggested, hopefully they will be able to help.  An email to the CEO will be a final resort.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 22

The mods could not help very much. Openreach have given another date of 9th Sep for fixing the fault.

I was really annoyed with that so I sent an email back to the mods and copied the CEO of BT on it. Thanks again for the link you gave me for the CEO mail addresses.

Within half an hour of sending the email I got a call from the Executive Level Complaints (BT Retail) agreeing that the time scale to fix this problem was unacceptable to them and that they are in touch with the High Level Engineering Complaints Group at Openreach to get this problem solved in a much quicker time frame.

Hopefully something might finally start happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 22

Good your getting it sorted but that is rediculous hat you have had to resort to e-mailing the CEO!

I know the majority of the blame here will be on Openreach because they seem to have this idea that they can do and say what they want when they want to Service Providers because they are the ones who have to tell the customer the bad news as they are what they call, 'none customer facing'. Strange that because you never actually meet the call centre workers or see them driving around in work vans that say BT Retail Call Centres, a BT Group Business on the side of them!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

I have a similar problem and am dealing with Help and Support dept. Phone has been off 2 weeks now and they have given me numerous fix dates. The latest is this Monday. I don't know if the cable has been laid and just awaiting connection or if they have even laid the cable. Apparently it's affecting lots of phone users as the cable is on the exchange side of the cabinet.

I have only seen the engineers there on Thursday just gone with two vans and a cable drum, I should have gone and asked them.

I dont want to escalate to CEO just yet but I feel as if I am being fobbed off with fix dates and they aren't actually working on the cable.

On another issue what is the stance on compensation from BT? It is costing me quite heavily to use mobile phones and mobile broadband along with the fact that I am paying rental and not getting any service or broadband. Who do I contact about compensation?

cheers

Tim

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 22

You might be better off complaining to the CEO, I am not putting down the people on the repair helpdesk at BT but I know they are very limited in what they can do because BT have dumbed down they're job so much over the past few years they have been resorted to phrases like, 'computer says no'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 22

Hi Banger,

I would like to take a look at your account to see what is going on with the repair of the fault on your line. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "About me" section of my profile?

Cheers

Paddy,

0 Ratings