cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BabyB
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

How do I figure out if there's a cheaper option for me?

I'm at a loss and can't see where I would even begin to look up options.

*Note: I cannot call BT to enquire into this.

Currently I'm using: 

• Unlimited Weekend Calls
  • BT Infinity 1

So I'm currently paying £43.49 per month. 

I'm unable to use a telephone (thus any offers on telephone calls are worthless to me)

I'm a heavy internet user but don't stream or download anything and I try to stay off of YouTube etc. 

Apparently I'm out of contract, I desperately need a lower bill because I'm on ESA and can't afford current bills, honestly I'm considering switching to BT Basic...it'd cause major problems as internet is vital, but so is paying rent and eating!!

Can anyone help me here, is there any alternative or should I be looking to another company? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I figure out if there's a cheaper option for me?

the best way is by phoning
customer options 0800 800 030 as they have the best deals I see you say you cannot call BT is it possible you could ask a family member or friend who could phone for you
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@BabyB wrote:

I'm at a loss and can't see where I would even begin to look up options.

I'm considering switching to BT Basic...it'd cause major problems as internet is vital, but so is paying rent and eating!!

Can anyone help me here, is there any alternative or should I be looking to another company? 

http://btplc.com/Inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/BTBasicBroadband/index.htm

You can have an Internet connection with BT Basic.

If you are unable to use the phone, then text relay is an option.

http://btplc.com/inclusion/MakingCallingEasier/Textrelay/index.htm

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@BabyB, as @Keith_Beddoe says, you can still have broadband with BT Basics but it's just standard broadband and has an allowance of 12GB per month so if you are a very heavy user that may not be enough for you, it might be best switching to someone else. 

**Edited** 

Like @john46 says, even if a family member or friend/carer or someone could call for you and see what they offer, explain you are considering leaving and tell them what else you can get from other providers and they may well match it saving you from leaving.

0 Ratings