cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

How do I forward emails from btinternet.com to another email address?

I would like to have all emails that I receive at my btinternet.com address forwarded to another address so that I can receive them in my PC via POP3. I want to do this because the btinternet POP3 server is very unreliable at the moment - off-line for most of the last week.

I do have an email account with Yahoo which I don't normally use. The POP3 feature on that works fine.  The webmail interface for that does have an option in the "settings" page to forward incoming emails to another address, but although the BTYahoo webmail interface has a similar "settings" page, the forwarding option is missing in the BTYahoo settings.

How do I get btinternet.com to forward all my mail to yahoo.co.uk so that I can reliably receive it in my PC email client via POP3?

Peter

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I forward emails from btinternet.com to another email address?

Select the Basic view for BTYahoo click save then go into the Settings. I think it then becomes available in the new drop down settings menu.

basic.jpg

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Yes I saw the suggestion to switch to Basic View first, but there is no Cogwheel and no "settings" link in Basic View.  In the Full View, the "settings>accounts" page doesn't have "forwarding". The equivalent page on my other ordinary Yahoo account does, so I can forward from yahoo.co.uk to btinternet.com but I want to forward the other way, from btinternet.com to yahoo.co.uk.  I want to do this so that I can get around the problem that BTYahoo seem to have with their POP3 forwarding at the moment.

Peter

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

I am not on BTYahoo but from memory if you select the basic view and save. You then come out of settings and there is a drop down box at the top right where the cog used to be. You then select the drop down setting, I think it was the accounts one, and that takes to you the page that allows you to access the email settings.

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

No, there is no "settings" or "help" link in Basic View where the cogwheel is in the Full View, just a "home" link which takes you to to bt.yahoo.com which is not useful.  Has anyone else found "settings" in Basic View?  Is there a "forwarding" option there?

Peter

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Unfortunately all the POP and Forwarding options have been removed for those still on BTYahoo. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

That is a surprise.  I am still on BTYahoo and am getting POP3/SMTP from btinternet.com intermittently. It re-appeared at 18:00 yesterday but vanished at 06:00 this morning.  It seems to come and go at random, always at 6 oclock.

You say "those still on BTYahoo".  I recall many years ago receiving a message from BT saying I would be swapped over to BTMail "soon", but this has never happened.  How to I get myself changed over?  Can I ask to be changed-over now?  On the face of it, the only way I have to receive emails via POP3 now, will involve me telling all my contacts to send to me using a completely different email address.  I would really prefer to stay with the one I have had for 20 years.

Peter

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Just to clarify, POP3 is still working it is the forwarding and spam handling options that have been withdrawn that were under a configuration heading of 'POP and Forwarding'. I still use POP3 on Outlook 2010.

You cannot ask to be moved over to BTMail, the migration from BTYahoo was halted a couple of years ago for undisclosed reasons.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

@PeterMartinez wrote:

No, there is no "settings" or "help" link in Basic View where the cogwheel is in the Full View, just a "home" link which takes you to to bt.yahoo.com which is not useful.  Has anyone else found "settings" in Basic View?  Is there a "forwarding" option there?

Peter

Settings in Basic view is called Options, and is achieved by clicking the drop down arrow on Account Info.

However as licquorice says, I believe pop & forwarding option may have been removed. (It did used to be there).

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Basic View has no "forwarding" option in the Accounts Info or Options menu items.

I understand that BT have stopped INBOUND forwarding and POP3 operations, i.e. where BTYahoo "impersonate" the username/password for the remote ISP and "pull" traffic into BT, but I had not (until Licquorice said it) seen any suggestion that BTYahoo had stopped forwarding to other email addresses or POP3ing to it's own customers.  BT's own CHAT operator didn't say anything about POP3 stopping, and assured me they knew about problems with POP3 which they were tryinbg to fix.

I remain very dismayed that my only option to continue to receive emails via POP3 would seem to be to abandon btinternet.com completely and find another email provider that does POP3.  I have been doing POP3/SMTP email with BT since the dial-up days.

Peter 

0 Ratings