cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redbullracer
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

How do I get Interleaving disabled and fastpath enabled ?

Go to solution

Hi just wondered if someone can help. My broadband used to work perfect up untill a few faults appeared on the line. The faults have now been rectified and one of the broadband engineers told me the line was set for fastpath and that was wrong for the line and has set it to interleave. Now that he has done that my ping when trying to play online games just goes crazy and it makes games unplayable. I have spoke to BT over the phone and they my (Case Manager) tell me that they don't know what I'm talking about and can't help me. I have been gaming on this connection for the past 5 years with no problems up until 6 months ago when the faults developed. My case manager says the speed I get on the line which is a MAX of 3.6mb is no good for gaming which I have told her that it was never an issue untill the faults happened and the engineer switched it over to interleaving. So can someone on here help me out ? What info do you need and how long does it normaly take ?

Regards

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I get Interleaving disabled and fastpath enabled ?

Go to solution

Hi @Redbullracer Sorry you could not get the Interleaving removed when you called us.

Drop us over your details and we will be happy to get you moved over to fastpath. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Redbullracer
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi John just messaged my details over so I just hope my latency will be back to it's old self soon.

Regards Paul
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Redbullracer Thanks for that we will be in touch as soon as you form reaches the top of the queue.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Redbullracer,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. I've tested your connection and its looking a lot better. I've carried out a SNR reset and changed your interleaving to fast. The interleaving should stay like this as long as the connection remains stable.

I'll give you a call again tomorrow evening to see how the connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Redbullracer,

Thank you for taking my call. You connection is looking good, its been stable for the last 3 days with no drop outs reported during that time. Interleaving has been set to fast and it will remain like that as long as the connection remains stable.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings