cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

How do I get a BB line activated???

Back in the early days of this month, my father in law requested BB on his BT line. All appeared OK and the HomeHub duly arrived along with a date for switch-on, that was last Thursday! It came and went and as I had installed the Hub I told him to keep an eye on the lights for a day or so and that BB would surely come on soon.

What a fool I was, it never arrived and since that day I have spent about an hour or so each day speaking each time to a different member of BT staff who always assured me that they would sort things out, it was a supplier problem or some such nonsense - actually it turns out that BT had themselves cancelled the order and not told us depite assuring me they would call back when they found the cause of the problem.

Today I appear to have got to the root of it all after yet another staff member tells me that the line details were kept on an old computer system which could not be automatically allocated to BB - (sounds odd but there we are!)

Now I am told that, over a week after the due by date, a new request has to be submitted and that I have to wait another 5 days before the system can be activated!

Should I stay? or should I go? What are the chance of me being able to speak to the same person again after I have confirmed that my father in law can still be bothered to use BT as his ISP? You guessed it, nil!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: How do I get a BB line activated???

About nill I would say

good luck with it I will add that BT have been the most reliable rocksteady service and I have used about 6 Smiley Very Happy

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

I agree, once they get the thing installed, I use it myself and actually recommended it to father-in-law. Wish I hadn't now as he's not young and is getting very depressed about all the nonsense.

Won't be long before the hub learns to fly methinks!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Here we go again!

Promised they would call me back at 9.30 this morning to make the final arrangements....... NO CALL!

Seems that nobody wants us to stay as customers

I despair!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 21

If at first you don't succeed GIVE UP Smiley Very Happy

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Like a fool I phoned them and am actually still on hold after being told now that there is an "amount" outstanding on the account and that while that remains nothing can be done. Strange how something like that suddenly comes to the fore - even stranger is the fact that the bill is settled by direct debit each month - could it be yet another lie?

I'm probably going to get banned from here with this next bit!

If anybody in authority is bothering to read the posts here please get in touch with me somehow before I really let loose..... I just heard the last person I was speaking to suggesting I was "kicking off", I wonder why? Smiley Mad

It now appears that, yet again, my problem is so difficult to solve that they have cut me off! I haven't even started swearing yet...

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

I wasn't cut-off after all......

I am now told that we don't owe anything and it was a BT error. Strange how I was able to tell them that, but of course nobody believed me.

I am now in a loop between sales and billing - they are chatting about things between themselves, oh and apparently "kicking off" is just a Northern term that doesn't mean anything!

Still no swearing but it's getting really difficult....

0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

My, how time flies when you are on hold......

I wish they'd change the music.....

Twiddle di diddle di dee.... still on hold over 30 minutes into the call now...  no real progress except that I'm back to where I was yesterday instead of being threatened with complete disconnection over the outstanding amount on the bill. Seems that was down to Openreach slapping a cancellation charge on the account when THEY initiated the unwanted cancellation of the order.

I'm now speaking to a Manager, he tells me that the entire account was closed in error, we owe nothing.

He is now arranging a new order for telephone and broadband. Why?, I don't know!

As a special favour (!) he says that the BB enabling will being treated as a priority and it will be active within the next day or so. Where have I heard that before? He is now transferring me to somebody who can help me with the final part, whatever that is......

Oh great back on hold in a queue which means I'll end up speaking to somebody who knows diddly squat about any previous conversations.....

More in a moment, well maybe half an hour....

0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Well less than half an hour..... they cut me off again!Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

If anyone knows how I can contact the manager I was speaking to just before being cut off, I'd like to know how!

Meanwhile, I'm back to square one

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Tags (2)
0 Ratings