Tonto might know !

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: How do I get a BB line activated???

I'm trying again, phone's ringing, I'm in a queue.... Seems BT is very busy, and that's so rare!

Now I've been answered and of course, as expected, they tell me my account is marked closed!

There is a reference to the manager though so perhaps, this time, something good will happen?

Waiting while more things are checked.....

Someone tried to open a replacement account but that didn't work as the computer says NO...

Now they're testing the line.....  there is an error..... he's never seen that before!

He wants to check the address, and gives me the wrong one! I correct him and suddenly, yes. there is an active working line there....

Now he wants to populate the computer with details for the account as at the moment there is no detail on his screens, this is getting exciting.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

On hold while they get more smoke and mirrors.....

It's all gone very quiet, perhaps I've been cut off again....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Hi Brianc

I can take a look at what is exactly going on for you and try to see if I can sort it out.

Email me at the address in my profile, include the relevant account details for your fathers account and a link to this thread.

Mark it FAO Stuart

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

I was right, cut-off. Dialling again....

Back in the queue, call time so far? Almost 1 hour!

Apparently I can use the website for more information.... a bit difficult when I can't get broadband installed!

Still holding but then they are now VERY busy....

I'm through to someone.... repeating all the details.

Again I'm told the line is working....

"No reason that Broadband can't be installed....."

Checking something with another dept. ....

NOOOOOO... it's the same hold music again! I'm an astronomer but the Planet Suite can be a bit much over and over again!

Right, I seem to be getting somewhere. I can't yet have broadband because the account isn't populated and needs to be rebuilt. The lady I'm dealing with is taking "ownership" of my problem and is going to see it though to the end.

I'll report back when I hear more....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Thanks Stuart, I'll give the very helpful lady I've been speaking to a chance but, if I've still got problems after that, I'll be back to you.

No attention at all for a week then suddenly I get two offers of help in a matter of minutes!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Well, here we go again!

The promised phone call for today didn't happen so I still have no idea whether the line is going to be enabled. I have contacted Stuart who offered to help with this and await his input.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Result! Last evening my father-in-law's line was BB enabled Smiley Surprised

Constant badgering and moaning has had an effect. I was finally able to speak with people who cared about what was happening and most importantly, had the powers needed to put things right.

Didn't take much did it?

Take my advice, if things start to go wrong with your BB installation, don't wait for BT to sort things automatically. YOU need to drive the order through as BT may not, oh and, I'm sure this Forum helped as it meant I had a few people reading about the nonsense I/we have endured and finally making sure things got back on track.

Thanks to those who helped, you few are a credit to BT.

To those who lied, insulted, delayed and cut me off when things got too difficult I hope you all end up talking to eachother in some kind of infinite self-consuming telephone loop................. (mmmm.. I think I've been there!)

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Hi Brianc

Really glad to hear the service got switched on and sorted.

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Brianc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Aaargh! it's still not over!

We now have a situation where bills are being sent out along with threats of disconnection....

It seems the only way this sorry mess could be sorted was to close the old BT account (telephone only) then open a new account for the line+BB. That also meant closing the old Direct Debit mandate and cleverly not telling us.

Surprise, surprise we assumed that they would transfer the Direct Debit info to the new account as it was all closed and reopened by THEM after THEIR screw-up. No chance, I had to register as a user with my father-in-law's details, wait 48 hours for the system to catch up and then try to set up the DD again. Easy eh? No it wasn't, 48 hours came and went and I was still unable to access the first bill details and then set up DD.

Horror of all BT horrors, I had to phone the dreaded number again, blunder through the constant "sorry we're really busy" messages until I eventually got through to a human who could help...... It's all set up now but we still seem to be getting threats of disconnection etc while the computer system catches up with the facts.....

I can't wait for the disconnection to happen and I get a day in court with these idiots.........Smiley Mad

Oh.... I almost forgot to add.... We were promised that because we had been so badly dealt with that we would see a £36 reduction on the first bill as well. Of course there has been no sign of that either.... 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings