cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

How do I get a BT Email address?

When I signed up to BT I stupidly used my Gmail email address and now it seems **bleep** near impossible to get a BT email addess.  

If I hit the email option top right I get 

Sorry

There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered.

I can't find any way of setting one up.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I get a BT Email address?

You need to log in to 'MyBT' and navigate to 'My Extras'. There should be an option to create an email address there.

0 Ratings
55brianb
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yep exactly the same thing with me too 😞

I don't have anything in My Extras about email though...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

If you have recently signed up with BT it can take a few days to get your "My Extras" populated.

See link about setting up email address.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49280/c/346,6588,6591#maincontent

EDIT: As per your post   https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Cancelling-phone-and-broadband/m-p/1390175#M45884  Did you get the account etc in your name and have access to the account. If not it could be that that is causing your problem of not seeing anything in My Extras.

0 Ratings
55brianb
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Yea, it's a new account in my name but kept the same number I've been using for 15 years or so (which was in a different name).   All I have in My extras are BT Cloud, BT SmartTalk App and BT Sport. The email option was there but has now gone.  My account is a month old and was a working line takover, which BT seem to have made a hash of 😞  The old account is still active for some reason, the old email address is too but I cannot log in using it as I get the message that it doesn't exist.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

Hi 55brianb,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings