cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

How do I go about porting number from Virgin Media to BT?

Hello,

Have placed an order with BT for Broadband and Calls and was allocated a new telephone number. I would now however like to port my telephone number over from Virgin to BT to save fiddling about giving everyone a new number for the second time in the space of 6 months.

So how do I port my number from Virgin to BT and how long does it take?

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I go about porting number from Virgin Media to BT?

I suspect you have missed the boat. Presumeably you should have requested this when you ordered with BT so they could cancel your Virgin Media telephone account and port the number over.

Do you still have the phone service from Virgin Media?

0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Still have the vm phone account...

What a mess bt have made though, title is wrong, name spelt wrong, orders duplicated and some cancelled and to be honest I dont hold many hopes about my phone service been active tommorow.

I think it may be best to cancel all orders that BT have listed and start again, we've had this problem before- when BT edit orders and they fail on the day of activation as someone made a **bleep** up.

I'll phone up and sort it all out now... 😉

0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

All sorted 🙂

They cancelled all of the orders and said it will take 24 hours to completely close off and will be calling me back tommorow afternoon to place a new order with a number port included... Also a free Vision+ Box and Activation.

0 Ratings