cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

How do I go back to the older bt yahoo mail ?

Go to solution

clicked on the link to look at the newer email and decided it was dreadful to say the least. So many options are just missing.

where is Options ? It is used to manage/add my non-bt email addresses.

so how do I go back to a usable old version of webmail?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

To access other mail accounts, look at Options/Mail Options/Mail Accounts --- but where is it ?

Go to solution

I was using the better option - the older classic mail.

It had Options/Mail Options/Mail Accounts  to set up different email address to allow sending by smtp.

So, simple, so user friendly and intuitive.

After selecting to have a look at the new version - oh boy what a mistake - I cannot locate the same place to add email addresses. So does anyone know where it is ?

I fail to see how anyone can use this newer version, it is a disaster and so non-intuitive, it beggers belief.

Settings > Accounts  will display the current email addresses but that's it. Cannot see how to add another.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: How do I go back to the older bt yahoo mail ?

Go to solution

Webmail is an abomination anyway, but if you must use it, hover over the cogwheel in the top right corner and select settings > Viewing email > select 'Basic' and click save.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I found it under 'Settings'

I select the 'Basic' and clicked on 'Save'

then when it refreshed - yehar - something that actually works with all options again.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I don't use webmail because it is aweful.

I use Thunderbird.

But...I have a website email address which I need to use BT to send via smtp.

So I have to be able to actually add those email addresses into BT - I'm not talking about sub-accounts.

I could not find any means of doing this under the newer version.

I could see what I had already added, but no way of managing them or adding others.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Anje wrote:

I don't use webmail because it is aweful.

I use Thunderbird.

But...I have a website email address which I need to use BT to send via smtp.

So I have to be able to actually add those email addresses into BT - I'm not talking about sub-accounts.

No you don't, it is much easier to send them by using your btinternet email address to send with in Thunderbird. The email will still appear to come from your domain.

In your Outgoing SMTP server settings just set your username to your xxx@btinternet.com address and password.

0 Ratings