Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: How do I turn off Call Protect?

Go to solution

Is this something that's going to have to be done on a customer-by-customer basis, rather than by doing it for everyone in one go?

Last time I checked, I didn't have the option to have BT Answer 1571 without Call Protect either. And I don't think the choice has become available to me since it was fixed for Geoff (although at the moment, I cannot connect to home.bt.com at all to be able to log in on my account and find out).

It would be nice to have the option - but I'm not really fussed if I don't. I guess that if I prefer not to have it, the solution would be to use a third party unified messaging service - though of course that also means the cost of the call diversion feature, plus the cost of the diverted call. Having an external VOIP service with a UK geographic number, which sim-rings your BT landline but takes messages on its own voicemail service if you don't answer it, might work out cheaper.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @wb7,

We'd have to manually place the order for you in the time being. Would you like our help arranging it?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I appreciate it - but to be honest, if it's not an off-the-shelf thing that's readily available to everyone, I don't really want it. Partly because when I'm troubleshooting domestic connectivity setups for my friends and relatives, I think it would confuse things if the stuff that's available to me (and which I can test for myself) is different to the stuff that's available to everyone else.

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

I was amazed to see I have somehow been moved to call protevt with my call minder without actually choosing it as far as I can see. I do not want call protect but I do want call minder. Is this even lawful?

My son could not call me the other day via skype and I get loads of calls from people I want to speak to vias skyp who will not be known to me. I have never asked for this feature as far as I know and it looks like when I log in I cannot choose an option to keep what I had and what I paid and signed up for.

I want to keep call minder, that is very important to me .

What is really really puzzling is that on my second BT landline which also has call minder I can call that one from skype so don't understand the inconsistency of this.

Can BT manually ensure that I am not on call protect but retain call minder  on the one of my lines with the problem and if so whom do I contact?

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

How do I keep call minder which I have always used and want but remove "call protect" which I have never wanted and never asked for and is causing me problems?

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

I tweeted about it and was told to go on chat but all that meant was I just lost 20 minutes of my life chatting to someone in India who did not understand just about anything - first he said my line did not have call minder (I have had call minder for 20 years!); then he said did I want to sign up to call minder and call protect when I'd just posted to him 3 times that my issue was wanting call protect removed whilst keeping call minder.

Then he said  - As you are not happy and distress on the situation, I am connecting you to my manager for further assistance , all the details will be with him, so please avoid the automated message asking for your account details again. Please stay connected./..

Of course the manager then came on and wanted me to type in all the account details in again and presumabhly would not understand the issue either so not wanting to lose another 20 minutes of my life and having loads of work to do, I had to abandon it. Is there anyone in the UK at BT who understands this fairly simple point - that without spending 60 minutes arranging it many of us want call minder without call protect? Can we not just email some BT contact with account details which would take about 1 minute and then BT arranges the change?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Jane2018,

Firstly you are posting on a year old thread which is marked as solved so you are unlikely to get many reponses.

While you are waiting to have Call Protect removed why don't you just select all the options to "Allow", which will give the same net result ?

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks. I think I also started a new thread.

I don't quite know what that means. Do you mean turn Call protect on - ie. allow it? Are you saying that would turn it off?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

@Jane2018 you can adjust the settings to allow all calls through so essentially you're turning it off, you can manage the BT Call Protect service on the following link www.bt.com/btcallprotect

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

I am really sorry but that does not work for me. When I log into that account it shows my two BT landlines which are on that account with the one only used for broadband first.

I select the other one - the home line and you would have thought I could then just remove call protect but no. It keeps diverting to the first landline (which we only use for broadband and is not relevant here) for the options and saying that line does not have call protect (which of course I know). "Unfortunately, this landline doesn't have BT Call Protect."

Is there a way for people with two landline numbers on the same account to remove call protect (but keep call minder) on the one of the two lines which has call minder and call protect?

I do not really want to start putting those two lines on to two separate BT accounts anad two separate bills (as I already have a second BT account for my third landline and my second BT broadband account which is complicated enough as it is).

Still need help therefore.

Is there someone I could just email who could log in and just remove call protect for me and keep call minder on that line?

I did by the way leave firefox and try all over again with internet explorer in case using a different browser would mean I could move between the two numbers but that did not work either.

Thanks  Jane

0 Ratings