cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

How do I turn off "Your latest BT bill is now online" emails for each SmartTalk email address?

I have three registered SmartTalk devices plus my standard BT account. When my new bill is ready I get four emails, one to each email address. How can I turn off emails to those SmartTalk accounts?

Peter

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I turn off "Your latest BT bill is now online" emails for each SmartTalk email

Welcome to the forum. As far as I know you can't - it's an automatic notification to MyBT account holders. What's wrong with simply deleting the others once you've acted on one?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do I turn off "Your latest BT bill is now online" emails for each SmartTalk email

@pottyperson wrote:

What's wrong with simply deleting the others once you've acted on one?

It's not a huge burden I'll admit.

I think I was expecting that the SmartTalk BT IDs linked to my home phone would be different to my original BT ID that's linked to my home account. After all there's still just the one bill to pay. I'm surprised nobody else has noticed/complained.

I've now spotted there's a concept of "Account holder status" in my profile which wasn't obviously set, I've set my original BT ID as the account holder, I'm wondering if that will make a difference.

I'll report back next month, thanks for responding.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Good idea but though our main account says, "You are the account holder," and the other says not they both get the notification.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.