cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

How do I turn off the Blue light on all my additional chargers?

Go to solution

I have just bought a BT 8600 Quad system to replace my aged arrangement and it is great except, the blue light on each charging unit is so bright. At midnight last night my bedroom resembled midday except with a blue hue. In fact things were so blue I even managed the inevitable "Blue Moon" gag! Seriously, how do you turn these lights off or do I resort to black electrical tape/paint? Equally seriously, just how much power do these lights use?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I turn off the Blue light on all my additional chargers?

Go to solution

Its a tiny LED which uses very little power,probably less than 10mW. The only solution is some sticky tape or a paper label which reduces the brightness.

Its like many devices, they seem to like having blue lights, which is most annoying.

My BT4600 has a tiny red light on the charger base, which is not bright.

My Canon printer has a bright blue LED, I have stuch a small bit of sticky label on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Keith,

I suspected this would be the case and already use the black tape trick on my BT router but it is good to learn that I am not the only one who thins this is an issue/resorting to this solution. I think the blue looks really good but the light polution issue needs to be addressed by manufacturers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Neater looking solution is to have your phone charging during the day.  At night take it off the cradle.  Blue light goes out.  Seemples.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

We find the blue LED perfect as a night light in our bedroom as it illuminates the way to the loo!

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Dogsbodyone wrote:

Thanks Keith,

I suspected this would be the case and already use the black tape trick on my BT router but it is good to learn that I am not the only one who thins this is an issue/resorting to this solution. I think the blue looks really good but the light polution issue needs to be addressed by manufacturers.

Depending on which router, you can turn it off in the settings!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
the post refers to a BT phone system not a router/hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The official reply from the BT help desk.

"You cannot turn off the light.
So long as it is not the main base unit you can turn if off at night the handset will still ring and has a standby time of approx. 80hrs"

I fixed the light by cutting a small slice from a black rubber band and squeezing it in the gap at the base of the charger that the light shines through. Invisible fix. Blue light gone!

This is a design flaw...self fix only!

0 Ratings